Ran for a total of 2 hours now won't start at all

GoldenMotor.com

Hipscotch

Jul 24, 2017
So I've been having nothing but problems ever since I started working on this motor. From horrible instructions to everything vibrating apart it has been a big pain in my butt. Most of my issues have been with the nuts and bolts holding it in place were vibrating lose so I put thread locker on them all and JB weld on one that had stripped. Now it simply won't start at all. I thought it was an electrical problem caused by water getting into the capacitor but after replacing the capacitor it still won't start. Last time I got it running it ran for about 30 seconds with very weak throttle control before sputtering out. When I tried getting it to start after replacing the capacitor and all I got was one brief puff of smoke. I really don't want to take the whole thing off and replace it (not to mention I don't think I can take it off anymore) but at this point it seems like that is all I can do. Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

Hipscotch

Jul 24, 2017
Additional notes: this is a Seeutec 80cc motor kit that I bought off of amazon.

If I do have to replace it are there any suggestions as to what to get?

Hipscotch

Jul 24, 2017
Update: I managed to get it to ignite because I am consistently getting smoke and it is heating up. I don't know where the smoke is coming from so it could be a problem with the compression.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
If you are using the factory recommended fuel/oil mix which is 16:1 then that might be a part of the problem. You can run it at 32:1 if you are too nervous to do that then try it at 24:1 You can search the threads here to see that 32:1 is safe and common.

If you are using the stock supplied spark plug then consider upgrading to an NGK. You can find a thread here that shows a cross reference for a bunch of different plugs.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you have someone in your area to help, you may want to talk to them

sounds like air leak from carb fitting, also head leak from too little torque on head studs, and bad motor mounting causing too much vibration

all this going on at once can ruin your day

Chreelou

Aug 2, 2017
I agree with crassius here. But honestly are you actually Riding it? During my very first build I figured out that my bike wasn't going because I wasn't making it go lol. After working out any kinks on your bike just make sure that when you ride it next, to give it plenty of speed say 12 mph or over then pop that clutch. While still giving it some pedal, give it a lil hard throttle, she'll run. After awhile it will start easier. Good Luck stranger!