Raged Maniac, new and 1 question to start with.

GoldenMotor.com

Raged Maniac

Feb 1, 2017
Massachusetts USA
Ok I have 3 Bikes at the moment.
1. a 26" Mongoose Mountain bike
2. A 27" Next or Walmart Special Mountain Bike
and
3. A 26" Royce Union 12 Speed Mountain bike...

Now bikes one and 2 have suspension which has me concerned that there is not enough clearance for a motor..now the Royce Union is actually an older bike but it has no suspension and even has the curved forks and not the solid tubes used in a lot of mountain bikes today.

SO my question is...which bike would be the best choice to use as a new/first build? Just typing this I actually know but always glad to hear extra opinions that will help me as the project begins.

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Ok I have 3 Bikes at the moment.
1. a 26" Mongoose Mountain bike
2. A 27" Next or Walmart Special Mountain Bike
and
3. A 26" Royce Union 12 Speed Mountain bike...

Now bikes one and 2 have suspension which has me concerned that there is not enough clearance for a motor..now the Royce Union is actually an older bike but it has no suspension and even has the curved forks and not the solid tubes used in a lot of mountain bikes today.

SO my question is...which bike would be the best choice to use as a new/first build? Just typing this I actually know but always glad to hear extra opinions that will help me as the project begins.
Pictures of the bikes would help.

ultralight01

Oct 30, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
The Royce union. The others will be hard for a first build, because of the full suspension. You'd have to cut and weld the back piston and relocate it so the engine would fit.

Feb 2, 2017
California
I don't know why you would consider the suspension bikes, the motor doesn't fit. Unless you're some sort of master builder and can cut and weld anything to your heart's content.

Go with the HOYCE.