Race build

GoldenMotor.com

Resonance

Mar 25, 2017
The Other Side
Hey guys

I want to build a race bike, 180 or 220cc Lifan 4 speed engines, but I would really like a straight 4 geared 4 cylinder 4 stroke because of preference. I can't find one for sale, anyone know were I can find one?

For the Lifan I plan to get a larger model and get the following
-Turbo
Turbo piping about 1 foot worth because I want the turbo to lay under the frame
-Intake shroud to force air at high speed
-EFI Kit
-Dual carb intake pipe to connect to turbo
Y split exhaust with QTP connected to a high flow much louder tuned for sound pipe
-2 very small blow off valves for sound aimed towards the floor and away
-2 step at 5K estimated rpm
-Nos spray kit into the intake pipe before the turbo
-Gap plugs

-Race pistons
-Port and polish exhaust
-Sanded and ported intake
Tuning exhaust, and intake and turbo to maintaining​

-Gotta find a performance clutch
-Cams?
-Right spark plug
-Cheaper turbo but very very small I want high boost
-Some sort of ECU
-Nos system that won't leak so I don't waste bottles
-E85 Gaskets or make em

I want a high revving engine with reliability
Probably not as reliable as it could be but eh, I want a top speed of 90ish mph
Want to quarter mile 16ish seconds
I will be doing a track run when it's built

Ideas?
-Where can I find a 4 cylinder 4 stroke engine between 50-300cc? List all the knows you might know of please

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
oh, drag racing?
Where are you located?

The only small street 4 cylinder 4 stroke engine I remember is
the Honda 350 four which was upped to a 400 four back in the late 70's or 80's.

Honda may have made a 250 cc street four in Japan?

Honda built 125 fours but you can't afford one........

A 50 cc four would have 12 cc cylinders...........

There have probably been a few other small 4's made.

You gonna put it in a bicycle frame? :) Pedals? LOL

I know someone who turbo charged a 114? cc Lifan.

A turbo and N0s and all your other stuff is a big waste of time
on a Lifan..........

You do realize this is a motorized bicycle site?

Last edited:

Resonance

Mar 25, 2017
The Other Side
Re: Race build Dope

Were the insomniacs go, Thanks for the engines list I'll check em out I know some are very expensive.I realize it is but I want something I can lie to a cop about being its 50cc with a switch to limited the throttle cable travel so it can't go past a certain speed, I will only have the switch closed for when I'm on a drag strip, legally racing.

-Thondas

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Hey guys

I want to build a race bike, 180 or 220cc Lifan 4 speed engines, but I would really like a straight 4 geared 4 cylinder 4 stroke because of preference. I can't find one for sale, anyone know were I can find one?

I guess your lucky number is.....4! Well, Lifan doesn't make one. Maybe you can email all the engine manufacturers and see if they'll manufacture a 4 geared 4 cylinder 4 stroke racing engine that weighs.....44 pounds, 4 you.

For the Lifan I plan to get a larger model and get the following
-Turbo
Turbo piping about 1 foot worth because I want the turbo to lay under the frame
-Intake shroud to force air at high speed
-EFI Kit
-Dual carb intake pipe to connect to turbo

-I did not know they make a kit for Lifan engines. And EFI Kit won't need anything related to "dual.....carb".

Y split exhaust with QTP connected to a high flow much louder tuned for sound pipe
-2 very small blow off valves for sound aimed towards the floor and away
-2 step at 5K estimated rpm.

Okay, when's the second step kicking in?

-Nos spray kit into the intake pipe before the turbo

The word "kit" keeps being mentioned. You do realize a LOT of your build will be custom(expensive)built and modified.

-Gap plugs. Yes, very important.

-Race pistons
-Port and polish exhaust
-Sanded and ported intake
Tuning exhaust, and intake and turbo to maintaining​

-Gotta find a performance clutch.

Performance clutch. Does the Lifan engine NEED a clutch?

-Cams?

-Right spark plug. Yes, that's very important. What's the gap?

-Cheaper turbo but very very small I want high boost.

The words "cheap(er)" and "turbo" are never meant to be in the same sentence.

-Some sort of ECU.

Oh yes, for the 44-pound 4 cylinder 4 stroke 4 gear engine.

-Nos system that won't leak so I don't waste bottles.

Oh yes, mustn't waste NOS.

-E85 Gaskets or make em.

I like the D44 gasket material myself for my alchemy project. (D is the 4th letter in the alphabet).

I want a high revving engine with reliability.

Probably not as reliable as it could be but eh, I want a top speed of 90ish mph

Want to quarter mile 16ish seconds.

Hey, don't short-change yourself. If you're in the 90's, you'll et in the 13's or 14's.

I will be doing a track run when it's built

Of course, you will. That's why you're building this drag bicycle with your expertise and considerable skills, and farming out what you're not qualified to do to expert drag racing builders and machine shops about $14,000(or more).

Ideas?

Well, actually more questions than answers or ideas.

1)How much is your operating budget?
2)How much time can you afford to invest on this project?
3)How old ARE you???

I was in the 7th grade when I learned about cars and started asking dumb questions about them. Now we have the world wide web to spin it upon millions of people! Back then, only your buddies would listen in and comment.

Are we being "punked" again?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Re: Race build Dope

Were the insomniacs go, Thanks for the engines list I'll check em out I know some are very expensive.I realize it is but I want something I can lie to a cop about being its 50cc with a switch to limited the throttle cable travel so it can't go past a certain speed, I will only have the switch closed for when I'm on a drag strip, legally racing.zpt

-Thondas
Oh I get it! You're gonna run your drag bike w/air scoop and low-mounted LOUD exhaust on your turbocharged 44-pound 4 geared 4 cylinder 4 stroke Lifan engine w/clutch on the street? If you want to lie to a cop and get away with it, simply paste a 49cc decal on your engine. They'll have to believe you, because the decal says so. So will the judge.

Here's an idea: to limit throttle cable travel so it won't go past a certain speed, slacken the throttle cable. Then, when you drag race at the track, tighten the throttle cable.

If you're gonna tell one, ya might as well tell a big fat one, especially on the Internet, where hardly anyone knows each other.

How old are you again, son?

Last edited:

Resonance

Mar 25, 2017
The Other Side
Yes I have ridden motorized bicycles;
Already looking at some frames and I will have 3k to spend on a project soon so we'll see what happens

Thinking about getting some sort of bike/moped/dirtbike frame
Welding on a mounting plate for the lifan
Full performance rebuild as above and the y pipe goes to the carbs because I don't think they make Thottle bodys that fit onto the pipe so I can run the carb with the gas line plugged up, bowl intake line is gonna be connected to the NOS line so I can conceal the fact theres NOS onboard
Probably getting a professional nitrous bottle and hiding it somewhere convenient maybe near the bar at the front of the bike connecting to the handlebar area
reinforced tire and sealed bearings

BTW I'm young and dumb and like fast things but when it's done it'll be a bat out of **** when I open up the exhaust

Also it might need some sort of wheelie bar considering how I plan to drive

2 step at at 3k seems more likely and some lifans rev to over 8k...

I think I might be building a custom "ECU"
.shft.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Everyone has big "go fast" dreams. Don't let them die.

But...

Lifan is probably not the way to go.

Much simpler and easier to get a real motorcycle engine. You can buy small turbos on ebay.

Besides the almost impossible idea of mounting any kind of drag race, turbocharged, NOS engine on a production bicycle, you'll need to get tires, wheels, brakes, and a bunch of other parts so your bike doesn't break apart from all that power.

And no one makes bicycle parts off the shelf for that.

What you're imagining will turn into a full scale motorcycle. Building anything less, will turn into a mishmash of broken bicycle parts, unsafe at any speed.

There's serious limitations to what you can ask of a bicycle. No bicycle frame, fork, rims, hubs, tires, brakes, etc, will hold up to your plan.

All these will have to be sourced from a motorcycle, or custom built.

If you go this route, and assuming you have professional fabrication skills, you'll end up with a big money (like 10k) project that will never fool any cop on the street, will have very limited rideability, and, as an added bummer, you'll have no one to race, no one to ride with, and I don't know of anyplace you could even ride it, besides a closed track (with full leathers, helmet, boots, more money.)

Good luck.

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
If you want to go really fast build a 125cc lifan. IMO anything past that or a 212cc predator is overkill. I have one that will go 70 mph and isn't slow about getting there, and could probably hit 100 if I changed the gearing a bit. So far I've got $2,400 or so in it, and I plan to have it finished for just under $3,000.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Young and dumb, as you admit.
"I will have 3k to spend on a project soon so we'll see what happens".
So you MIGHT have $3,000 in the future.
You will run out of $$ before you finish this project.
When you get to high school, take up welding class..weld

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Young and dumb, as you admit.
"I will have 3k to spend on a project soon so we'll see what happens".
So you MIGHT have $3,000 in the future.
You will run out of $$ before you finish this project.
When you get to high school, take up welding class..weld
High schools can't offer welding anymore due to liability issues.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes! All 4 years, lol. Had a extra year of them because I had a couple makeup classes. So just took up more shop with them...............Curt