Puch powered bike

GoldenMotor.com

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I've searched a few forums and either I'm not searching correctly or it hasn't been done. I am thinking about putting a Puch E-50 motor on a bike.
Is it too crazy? Am I dreaming?
Parts are everywhere and the Puch E-50 has some power.
What do you MB experts and builders think about such a crazy idea?:D

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
A Puch E-50 has about 2 HP and develops a lot of torque.
Parts are easy to get, and they (Puch distributors) imported millions into the US in the 70s and 80s :D

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I'm tipping my hand about Puch moped engines...never mind.
Pay no attention that they are reliable after thirty years and were built with materials and methods superior to the chengines more widely available today.
Ignore that part about Daimler

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I've finally found some stuff about Morini engines being put onto bikes. On "that other site" I'm certain that Puch engines are even easier to find.
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic,
I think the idea is fantastic.
I'm going ahead with my plans
to Puch up a bike.
No Chinese craptastic
Puch quality I like.:D

:ride2: Rhymes with book...

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I like your thinking. That is a great and proven motor. I hope you can get it going so I can copy your ideas. I am still working on my Whizzer.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
You could try getting hold of the sachs motor that they did in the 60's. It was a 2 speed manual transmission - I think a 50cc but not sure.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
A Sachs would be a sweet powerplant also, Jemma, I'm on the semi-alert lookout for those also. I like the old French and Italian 50s also, but I'm more accustomed to Puch and Vespa. Thanks for the tip!
Here's a crazy bike with a Puch motor...

Attachments

themark

Oct 16, 2008
Tokyo
Do you have any more images, or a link to some, of that bike you just posted? Definitely curious how the owner set that one up.