Proper spark plug gap size

GoldenMotor.com

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
First he only need it to run. Worrying about the spark plug gap is far down the worry list.
Really, Why would you want to add the S/P gap to a worry list?
What's so hard about gaping a S/P before ya put it in?
It's the proper thing to do, so ya ain't chasing your tail.

Obviously Rusty Nail knows this He did the right thing and asked what the S/P gap should be.
I'm sure he didn't want to worry about it.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
When you're at the auto parts store, ask for NGK #7534 (that's the official part # for B6HS). ;)

& also... As previously mentioned; you're wasting way too much energy worrying about the spark plug! laff

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
If you read my post I told him to set the gap to two match book covers thick.
I saw your post
No one carries matches any more but ya always have your drivers license, ID or a credit card with ya. The plastic on those is .025" to .030" thick. Perfect for gaping a S/P.
Ole Skol Bikers been using those forever. Not Match book covers.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Hi everyone. My sparkplug that came with my kit appears to not be gapped at all. What is the proper gap size or can I just go to autozone and buy right size spark plug. I've never had to gap a spark plug so need some help. Thanks!
You asked a few question about a S/P now people are saying your wasting your time.

Good questions, your not wasting your time.
Only way to learn is by doing and asking question if your not sure

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
I agree Wrench. I'm totally new to this hobby and just trying to be sure its built right the first time. Aways better to ask a question if not sure.

Reactions: wrench

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
The point that myself and others were trying to make is that the spark plug gap is not of great importance when it comes to getting your build running. Anything between about .015 and.035 will get it running. New plugs from autozone will still need to be set just like the one that was in your kit needs to be set. Asking questions is good but over worrying something only uses time and energy for absolutely no gain.