Problems with Bike. Dire need of help

GoldenMotor.com

Aniello Palino

Jul 20, 2018
So this is my first build and I’ve had many problems on the way. But anyway, everything is set up, the throttle, clutch etc. I was having problems with my chain and it keep getting stuck in the clutch box. I bought a new spring tenionser, once I installed it the clutch wheel was rolling freely when I held it. But now the clutch won’t engage at all. I’ve tweeked with the chain trying to flix any slack, but the chain is perfectly sized for the bike. I need help guys. I’m at work right now. But I’ll send pictures soon

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
did you mean 'disengage' in the first post?

look to see if pressure plate on that side is moving when you pull lever - if not, you may have lost the bearing that sits behind bucking bar

Aniello Palino

Jul 20, 2018
did you mean 'disengage' in the first post?

look to see if pressure plate on that side is moving when you pull lever - if not, you may have lost the bearing that sits behind bucking bar
So i got the bike working. It takes alot of pushing while holding the clutch to start it up, but theres so many things going wrong. When i start the engine up, the engine roars and it goes fast af. I try using the throttle but it wont work at all, the only way i got it slow down was holding down on the kill switch just a little. The engine is making weird tacking sound when its on, and the exhaust is leaking oil. I opened the carb where the throttle pulls on, and its pulling on it just fine. Everything is in place. Im worried about the wiring. But i didnt think much of it since the kill switch worked. I also noticed, where you plug that black thing on the spark plug, the inside of it is in bent a weird way. Ill link some pictures.

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
that spark plug boot just needs to be twisted straight to go down over terminal on plug - just put one drop of gas on wire where rubber part fits and twist wire until it is straight

throttle cable looks way too loose, did you get the slide in upside down? - overreving usually means carb is not sealed onto intake

Aniello Palino

Jul 20, 2018
that spark plug boot just needs to be twisted straight to go down over terminal on plug - just put one drop of gas on wire where rubber part fits and twist wire until it is straight

throttle cable looks way too loose, did you get the slide in upside down? - overreving usually means carb is not sealed onto intake
what do you mean by the slide in? And i when i try to use the throttle when the bike is on, i get no response

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think you should start reading up on these engines to give you a better understanding of the terminology and workings. It will help you a lot when issues arise when you are out on the road etc.

In the meantime, here's a picture of the carb innards.

Attachments