Poor mans "port and polish"

GoldenMotor.com

Rexx Shyt

May 9, 2022
Being out of work sucks pretty bad. But it inspires one to come up with cheap ways of doing things.

My neighbor gave me a motorized bike and when I tore it down to take a look at the cylinder and it was scarred slightly as you can see in the pictures and I noticed how bad the casting was sooo what I did is I took a manicurist stick ( a stick that had been dipped in some sort of adhesive and then rolled in a really fine sand) and a screwdriver and did a poor mans polish job on it figuring I couldn't mess it up anymore than it already was and this is how it turned out.

I used the tip of a very small screwdriver that had been modified and I used it to scrape all of the big casting chunks down to where it was almost flat and then used the manicure stick to sand all of the rest of it.

I realize it's not a mirror finish but it is a farsight better than what they sent from the factory.

Tell me what you think.

(I haven't cleaned all the abrasive out of the cylinder yet so you will see little teeny bits of it if you look closely.)

despite the scarring on the inside of the cylinder I think I'm going to put it back together and see how it runs.

Attachments

Reactions: fasteddy