Plug boot and carb needle **2 quick questions**

GoldenMotor.com

davidm951

Jun 8, 2017
Hey all, i have an 80cc 2 stroke china girl, ive been having serious problems getting it to run good and all my problems come down to the shitty stock carb, then today i realized the boot on my spark plug is loose as ****(like barely even grabs the spark plug)..im wondering if its causing the engine to skip a spark and thats why it will bogg...so ill be fixing that when i get the time..anyone ever had this problem?
Can i use a zip tie to hold the rubber boot on the plug for temporary fix?

Also i live in southern california riverside which is 827 feet above sea level..my carb needle has 4 notches. Any suggestions on where the little E clip needs to be?

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Hey all, i have an 80cc 2 stroke china girl, ive been having serious problems getting it to run good and all my problems come down to the shitty stock carb, then today i realized the boot on my spark plug is loose as ****(like barely even grabs the spark plug)..im wondering if its causing the engine to skip a spark and thats why it will bogg...so ill be fixing that when i get the time..anyone ever had this problem?
Can i use a zip tie to hold the rubber boot on the plug for temporary fix?

Also i live in southern california riverside which is 827 feet above sea level..my carb needle has 4 notches. Any suggestions on where the little E clip needs to be?
I would toss the kit's spark wire and put a non-resistor wire on it. The wire threads onto a nail in the ignition and is a piece of cake to change. Then maske sure it is snapped onto the plug correctly. The carbs are fine, I'd try the highest notch, that's where a lot of them end up. (leanest idle setting).
If it gives more carb trouble take it apart, it's simple, and check your float bracket and its pivot are in right, centered in the bracket (you'll see what I mean if you take it apart) and needle and seat for dirt.
The wire is probably your problem, the little stock carbs are actually easy to tune and reliable, except for dirt. Get a good filter in the line to deal with that.
Good luck, hope it runs better.

Reactions: davidm951

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
had bad rubber boots - usually the problem is that the coil that is supposed to go onto plug is twisted sideways - grab it with needle nose and turn it

sounds like your carb might be the one I like with chinese chars on barrel - it has only 4 notches & comes set at 2nd notch from top and I've never had to adjust one for stock motors

Reactions: davidm951

davidm951

Jun 8, 2017
Man thank you guys soo much! I really appreciate all the info, i cant wait to work on it this weekend..
had bad rubber boots - usually the problem is that the coil that is supposed to go onto plug is twisted sideways - grab it with needle nose and turn it

sounds like your carb might be the one I like with chinese chars on barrel - it has only 4 notches & comes set at 2nd notch from top and I've never had to adjust one for stock motors
I will definetly try the needle nose pliers..
And yes the engine has chinese on the carb. =] i picked the engine up at bikeberry..actually went to their warehouse and picked it up...66-80cc Flying Horse Black Angle Fire - 2 stroke

I was so anxious to ride, thinking i could just slap the engine on and go for it but hey half the fun is working/tinkering..thank god for forums like this to help me along the way.