Pie Trek - The Next Generation: Magic Pie Motor on a Trek Pure

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thank you 16v. i really do enjoy it. put over 50 miles on it today running back and forth to work putting on charger between trips, friggen love it

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'm really diggin' the matching seat & grips Paul, they look comfy too!

That's one unique high quality ride you've got there Paul! I have that same mirror, they're actually really tough, moreso than they look.
Defo, couldn't tell ya how many times I've smacked mine upside a door frame, whacked it w/a branch or the ground... I have seen one w/the glass shattered at my LBS, but TBH all I could think was "I hope the guy is ok" as honestly I dunno how he managed it lol

They offer really good visibility too, which I s'pose is the point heh

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
found suspension forks for the bike today on ebay, was looking up something else and their they were and a good price to. very happy. i have searched for hours on end, called electra, trek and every fork manufacturer out their with no avail. not sure how the paint will match however i can paint them if needed. they even have the mounts for disk breaks. big time excited http://www.ebay.com/itm/300854945291?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
shocks for the electric cruiser bicycle are in peurto rico. should get here monday or tuesday. can't wait

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
well the ole story that the trek pure and the electra townie are the same bicycle is not true. got shock in today and the stem is an inch short. i also looked over some other things and their is actually a few other differences. ohh well now i am going to have to try to sell the shock. :(

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
now that i am done being pissed about this whole suspension fork for the electric bicycle i am going to take the new fork and see if a welding shop can do something with it. i am not going to give up yet. the steering tube is only less then an inch short

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
You know,the old style,cruiser springer forks have a longer tube and dont raise the front end up as much as mtb suspension forks do.And I think they have disc brake adapters for them as well.It does look like a long steer tube.A good welder should be able to fix you up though.good luck!(if nothing else try street lowrider or choppers us.not sure if they ship to you)

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thats where i started was looking for a springer. for a threadless i need 300mm and no one had one or would make one. this bike has the longest head i have ever seen. i took the suspension fork to the welder. a 1 1/8 steerer has a 1" diameter inside. they are going to cut steerer tube half way and insert a 1 inch diameter piece of steel in it and adjust to length i need and weld it. will let you know how it turns out. they said they should have done tomorrow or friday. it almost seems to simple

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Yeah,for a pro welder its easy.For springer forks you would have to replace the headset and stem also.They are threaded.Let us know how it turns out.Show us a pic when your done

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
here is a picture of the weld for the steerer tube. i hope to install the fork on my electric bicycle tonight or in the morning and will post completed

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
got the fork all installed and took for a short 5 mile test ride today and the results where better then i could ever imagine. fork doesn't match bike so will paint it eventually. for now i am just happy with a smooth ride. it was kind of expensive with tires, suspension fork, welding and suspension seat post. for that their was mastercard the cost of comfort priceless lol. dang i love motorized bicycles

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
put about 50 miles on the electric bicycle today and i have to say its like having a new bike. i will never own a motorized bicycle without front suspension again

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I just checked out the forks you got off ebay.Score!Those are PERFECT.I had seen the first link and thought,well,ok I guess.I need some like that for my bike.I looked but couldnt find any I liked enough.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
no someone else had told me that the trek pure and the electra townie were identical and the townie forks would fit and they didn't. the seller was great, got them right out to me, i just got bad information from someone else and not the sellers fault. threads still there and saved me some money. i didnt have to get a knew headset, stem ect. all worked out good and i am happy. the shocks even have mounts for disk brakes which i may ad later

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
yes,disc brake mounts and also eyelets for fenders(kinda rare).I hope they hold up.Man,you dropped a wad into that bike!I know the feeling!lol.When I decided I was gonna build a 2 stroker and do it right.

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
ya i put a lot into my motorized bicycles but the pleasure they give me i have no problem spending the money on them. this is the first on i havnt had to put money into the motor. i am still amazed. i have over 3,000 miles on my magic pie motor and havn't done a thing to it. the bicycle itself i am always tinkering with it

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i decided i wanted a little more mileage with my electric bicycle plus the bag is pretty cool looking lol. with this new golden motor battery i will be able to go anywhere i like on the island and get back home without needing a little charge before coming home. the 15ah should increase my mileage by 50%.

Attachments