Phatmoto 79cc bike

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
never thrash anybodys effort i've built 5 bikes and mostly just bolt it together but even that with this chinese stuff can be a challenge at times. I know what goes into it, one of the great things is there are a lot of options and differant ways to get motorized. after my first 2 ebay motors i wasnt ready to quit but i realized that i had better give this stuff some research and learn whats really going on. I've certainly thought about 4 strokes when i see numbers like 212cc thats like wow. Always handy at twistin a wrench and doing some things acquired skills from work history.I didnt know the first thing about these engines let alone a differance in a 2 or a 4 stroke. Self studied 2 strokes learned the cycle of how they actually work learned port timing ive studied porting all these aspects of a 2 stroke and i dont feel like i know much. So many things id like to do and learn still. I'm basically on a chinese 2 stroke budget and everything else gets more pricy after that I wish i had equipment to fab i follow what all you guys that are really building things what your doing here and i greatly admire it. I admire anybody who buy a kit and try to make it work. For now i'll build 2 strokes so far its the only thing i know anything of and if i spread it out its within my means.....kelly
It's so encouraging to read the path you've taken Kelly I'd hope many new to the hobby will read your post. None of this is instant and so many get discouraged and quit. Sixty years working, first on bicycles, and then scooters, cars, cycles & now back to bicycles... some with motors. I started on 4 strokes then two cycles and tried to take what I knew with me when modifying for power. That was a big mistake they don't translate well. Reading and learning, talking with those really in the know, that's how I learn...still. Money matters but so does building with what you've got right now assembling a kit on a donor frame is a great way to start and I've seen some awesome bikes result from just that.

Keep encouraging others Kelly & teaching you've learned a lot to this point that is good share.

Rick C.

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
I see they're marked down to $499...but only the yellow ones. Does the pigment in yellow paint really cost that much less? $100 more for red, $200 more for black.

I suppose if you mask off the tank portion of the frame, paint the rest satin black and add a set of fenders in matching yellow it would look old school cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: indian22

Taffy13

Sep 23, 2019
I see they're marked down to $499...but only the yellow ones. Does the pigment in yellow paint really cost that much less? $100 more for red, $200 more for black.

I suppose if you mask off the tank portion of the frame, paint the rest satin black and add a set of fenders in matching yellow it would look old school cool.
Probably because not many people buy the bright yellow and they have old stock that's just sitting about collecting oxidization and dust

Reactions: motorhedfred

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Probably because not many people buy the bright yellow and they have old stock that's just sitting about collecting oxidization and dust
I was being sarcastic. Generally speaking, opaque black is usually the cheapest pigment, opaque red usually the most expensive. I figured it was probably a stock balancing move.

I wish I was in a position to buy one. Maybe I should thin the herd...