Performance CDI

GoldenMotor.com

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
will you be makeing any more of these CDIs Id love to get one if you are still makeing them as Im about to do a major upgrade with my head. also if you are makeing any more where would I find the case?

chevelle454

Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Well i believe they are mostly 1/2 watt and one that is a 1/4. It was advised in the other thread that 1/4 watt resistors were overheating easily. A small fyi.

chevelle454

Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I purchased one of the parts kits and had to get the replacement cap. Figured i'd check the resistors while i'm at it. Also, south park is awesome.

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
Ill usually do about 8-9 miles at a time (from my house to the beach). The whole time wot, not many stops, a few small hills.
Ive noticed my bike runs better with all the resistors and capacitors jumped in circuit (both .47 uf, 100ohm and 220ohm).
I do have pretty high compression and a TON of extra port work done (at wot, flats it'll do ~7800-8200rpms, downhill....wayy too high, about 9k's)
and with that said, i have blown through a bunch of pistons when i wasnt fully retarted with timing. plus so cal 91 "knock"tane sucks

chevelle454

Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Good stuff. I lapped my jug and head at work, started with 80grit and worked my way down to 1500. Took about 2-3mm off combined. I will run it with a little copper kote and see how it goes.

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
Essentially yeah! The only real difference is that you can choose upper rpm curve steepness with these by jumping the small capacitors.
Hope that helps!

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
:-||

so....i replaced the charge caps. tested. and no go.
then went over them and realized i ordered 250vdc current, not ac.
BUT i still got spark out of the board that i tested.

Im done with these.
so beyond frustrated its not even funny.

the orientation on each board is correct.
its these charge caps that are going to be the end of me.

Last edited:

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
For those interested, $13 shipped to you as they are.
Ive got 275vac charge caps ill throw in with it, but am just done with these boards.
ill include a printed pic of the boards with what everything is in the package so if you decide to make changes, you know what is what.

ill double check every board that the correct resistors are where they need to be and that polarities are correct before shipping

i'm NOT selling them as a direct plug and play board (will require soldering!!!!!!!!!!) but will be very basic as the circuitry is basically 95% completed

PM me if interested.
Those on the list get first grabs, but come monday, itll just be first come first served.
i just want to be done with these.