Parts that should be replaced before installing the kit

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Mozenrath, Jun 21, 2011.

1. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Active Member

Grade 5 is the minimum I use if I can't get to a place with Grade 8. Though I do agree - it is a bit overkill! I don't use all thread - I just dehead the bolt. The reason isn't for torque, but for bent bolts and prevention of those.

Thank you though, usually I say Grade 5-8, and I especially should have in a topic like this.

2. John the Chimp

John the Chimp New Member

The True Value in my town has ever nut or bolt I would ever need from grade 5-8. I love that place. I just make a list and skate board down there.
    Then on the way home theres a couple parts stores. For stuff like muffler hangers.
    I keep hearing refferance to a muffler strap that comes in the kit. Ive never recieved anything that resembles one. I make my own out of hot water heater strap. Plumbers tape will work. I have one made from each. I did shrink wrap the one made from plumbers tape.

3. decoherence

decoherence New Member

ok! mea culpa!

i apologise for something.
    don't go & buy this stainless part that can take the power of a v8.
    [​IMG]
    the 5 bux is too much to spend.

while i am driving on my gas bike i will recite to my self that i am mechanically inept.
    also i will remember in the future only a few people here are correct & none of them are me.

last i will accept that i am asking a question or asking for help even though none of my sentences ended with a question mark.

4. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Active Member

And you wanted us to let you know where you were out of line?

Right there, you're out of line.