Part needed

GoldenMotor.com

cdoug50

Jun 25, 2008
Maine
While removing the clutch cover plate, the slotted screw that goes into center of drive gear (right of clutch ), fell out. :( It looks as if some of the threads, maybe 3/16" have worn off the end of the screw. I can screw it back in, no problem, but not sure how well it is seating with fewer threads. Does anyone know where I could purchase this screw, have looked around and can't seem to find it. I have also looked for pictures of the screw that would show whether or not it should be threaded all the way down but have not found any. Norman thinks that it probably did have threads all the way but not 100% sure.
Anyone know for sure if it should be threaded all the way and if so where I might get a replacement?.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I've never pulled mine out so can't say if it has threads all the way....And I've never seen just the screw for sale anywhere???

Maybe a post in the swap shop to grap people's attention...someone might have a extra, it's worth a shot..

cdoug50

Jun 25, 2008
Maine
Thanks for the reply; however, the screw you are pointing to is not the screw I am talking about. I am talking about the big slotted screw in the middle of the drive gear next to the clutch.
I've never pulled mine out so can't say if it has threads all the way....And I've never seen just the screw for sale anywhere???

Maybe a post in the swap shop to grap people's attention...someone might have a extra, it's worth a shot..

cdoug50

Jun 25, 2008
Maine
Okay Thanks! Found it at both suppliers under crank gear bolt or drive gear bolt and does appear that it should be threaded all the way. Cost $1..not including shipping.
Thanks again there fairracing31 !!