Optimal Tire Pressure for High Speed Riding

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Motorbikenewb, Nov 24, 2013.

1. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 New Member

i have .... well not a lower face and not a mon it was me lol

the tire was cracked and old the side wal split at 40 lbs and it bulged so fast i didnt even have time to think and then BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM !!!!! it exploded so damn loud it sounded like a pipe bomb no kidding ! people were looking out windows ! so yeh even a bike tire can explode and send a piece of 4 in wide rubber into your forehead ! it feels like getting punched by mike tyson ! that was only 40 lbs of iar in a wal mart bike tire. but then i have hookworms that hold 60 on the regular and could probably take a good 70 so ..... be carfull the quality of tire definatly matters !

#21 rogergendron1, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  2. Southgate Jonny

My motorized bike is shod with Kenda K838s filled to 55psi (they are max rated @ 65psi). I find this a perfect combo of super-low rolling resistance and cushy comfort. Got over 200 miles on this set and they still look like new.

3. Danschutz

Danschutz New Member

Map turned me in to to those k838's, great tires. On my Dyno with 55_60lbs it's a bruiser in the bumps lol, but love the control on nice flat ground.

Dan.

4. CTripps

CTripps Active Member

I keep my tires pressurized to the rating on the sidewall, less a few PSI. The rear on my beast I fill to 60 though, not 65, as I have a layer of rubber (old tube, folded over itself) between the tire and the tube for extra puncture resistance that makes up the extra/remaining volume.

5. Southgate Jonny

I'm fortunate I have good shocks so that is a big factor re. riding comfort.