'ol Red

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
dan3xd - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is latest work in progress. Clutch cable failed yesterday at 164 original miles. (@#*&^% chi,,, thingingamabob) am investing in a fondo pot looking thing to make own cables. But this is my favorite bike built so far, well until the next one and that motor is due to arrive Tuesday. snork

The wooden coke case/cargo tray was bought at a flee market for $4 and I already spilled coffee in it twice. I am trying to figure out how to repaint the letters and coke logo and treat the wood but keep the "worn" look. I think it really makes the look of the bike but the Baby's Momma calls it "Pewee" LOL.
^5

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Those are popular bikes for conversion. You must have gotten a bad cable, that's not anywhere near the normal service life.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The bike is a joy to strap a motor on. lots of room and they are cheap. The cable failure was pretty much my fault. It was bad out of the box and I should have replaced before even putting it on. Only cable I could find on a Saturday here was a ATV throttle cable. It is sweet and smooth. But way over kill and looks out of place with all the others. That and can't marry properly to the clutch handle. (But so smooth!)

Padanew

May 9, 2008
From seven rules of effective pirates:

Rule #37: There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload".

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I saw a sign the other day- Life is uncertain, eat desert first. So I do.

Kinda going along with the food theme of your post, Dan.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Joe, I tried to thank you for the suggestions on upgrading ignition wire, plug etc on your post but couldn't. Awesome advice. I also upgraded the plug cap. Man! what a difference! ($3.47 at Kowie shop. wire and cap) Previously, I had just swapped the wire out which gave good results but now is like a completely different motor. Any way, thanks. Great info! I printed it.