Occ full suspension heart transplant

GoldenMotor.com

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Ok so a lot of you may have seen my occ chopper. After much thought I have decided to go with another motor setup, the china gurl isn't cutting it for me anymore. I have ordered a 110 cc triple overhead cam Pirahna pitbike motor with a 4 speed trans. I just wanna do 35 without my motor screaming it's damn head off. It will require a mod my front down tube just not sure how extreme it will be until I have the motor here to work with.

Attachments

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
That pirahna engine looks an aweful lot like my Honda CT70 engine.
I will venture to say that you will need to mod your seat post tube to get it to fit. They are flat and long engines.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Good eye, it is clone replacement for those type of honda engines. Yeah I am hoping not to have to touch the seatpost, but I need to do some measurments, I am hoping to be able to cut the front downtube, and building a cage for the head to poke through there, we'll see though. If I have to cut the seatpost then I'm going to have to revamp my rear suspension which I'll try to avoid, but if it has to go then it has to go

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I don't reall care if the pedals stay on this one at this point, I'll try to save them but just like the suspension if it has to go then it has to go.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Here's another members engine mount for the horizontal chinese cloned Honda CT 70 Trail Bike motor,
mounted on a Stretch cruiser!

Posted by Civlized & I-Paint

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/atv-engine-stretch-16449.html

http://motorbicycling.com/f40/atv-50cc-full-auto-stretch-13417.html

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/loncin-4-stroke-nuvinci-stretch-frame-16410.html?highlight=i-paint

http://motorbicycling.com/f40/stretch-lifan-nuvinci-im-working-14676.html?highlight=i-paint

Here is his mount without the seat downpost removed, you probably already know that if you don't have the XL OCC Chopper it will be a very tight fit, to get that motor to fit!!!

There are as you know a few others working on Stretch Cruiser's with the same type of motor.

Peace Crazy Horse.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Nice thanks for the pics Crazy Horse, yeah I am relatively sure I can not touch the suspension. Here is an example( My paint skills arent what they used to be ) but then I can put a skid plate on the front to protect the head. ?!?

Attachments

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
But basically the engine head would stick out that lil window that I build into the front downtube hopefully all will fit, I needed a new spring project so I probably have my work cut out for me.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Terron,

Save some time and just think about removing the seat down tube then weld in the skid plate, or weld the seat down tube back in after you've welded the skid plate onto the frame.

Another thought / suggestion is using a jackshaft so you'll be able to keep the pedals on there I mean your spending the money might as well do it right and keep it a motor assisted bicycle.

By the way the law won't know it's 125cc if it's not on the engine. Oh yeah it's a Honda Mini Trail 50cc motor he, he ,he, don't want to you to brake any laws.

Peace Bro & good luck.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Thanks for the heads up Crazy Horse, as far as keeping the pedals this is my thought process. 1, I'm may just try to get it licensed as a motor cycle, second is have you ever seen what happens on one of these choppers when someone doesn't bring the pedal up on the inside of a turn? Just figured if this thing is going to do 60 for safety sake I may not want them on there. I obviously know to lift my pedal but bottom line.....Stuff happens.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Terron,

I picked up a beater OCC Stingray at the local Goodwill store, so I also will try one of my 110cc Lifan motor's on one.

I will have to remove the seat down post for this build to fit the motor, this bike is not gonna be a racer just wanna keep up with the Washington, D.C. traffic, this will work!

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
**** yeah thats why I got mine, where I'm at all the roads I take are 35mph or above, I wanna cruise at 35 with my engine not doing overtime

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Terron,

Lots of people assume just cause we're on the east coast that we don't have any hill's!

Since these 50cc 4-stroke's are legal here in Washington,D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia why not use them they are the perfect fit for the Stretch Cruiser's & Chopper's!

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
So as an update for everyone, I will be revamping my suspension and removing the downtube. Keep an eye out for updates, it may take a lil while though the weather is crap right now, plus my baby is about ready to make her debut to the world, and she definitely comes before my toys.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Terron,

Here's a question for ya is your engine fully automatic or semi?

Mine is a semi automatic gonna use a suicide shifter with an 8-Ball knob, aka a jockey shifter just like the shifter on my, Bobber, see attached pic's.

C.H.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Its a manual clutch 4 speed up. It is supposed to be for a drag racing pitbike I think. I will also go with a suicide shift, My shift nob will depend on how I decide to paint the bike.

Last edited: