NOW $600.00 FOR SALE 1948 SCHWINN HOT ROD

GoldenMotor.com

tommer2

May 7, 2011
Dahlonega, Georgia
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg FOR SALE:::This is a 1948 Schwinn B6 26" balloon bicycle frame. This is a NEW build. Everything but the frame is new! The best of everything was used to make this a very reliable and smooth ride. The pictures tell the story. Keep looking and you will see the details I have added. I've built many motorcycles over the years and thought it would be fun to try to build a motorized bicycle like I do my motorcycles. If you're going to do it, do it right! I've gone way overboard on this one. The motor plate is welded on so the motor sits where it needs to sit. No alignment problems. The chain tensioner bracket is also welded on for safety. Notice all the stainless steel nuts and bolts. The one inch thread less chopper front end is 24 inches long for a good level look. The handlebar stem is an old school 1 inch thread less Redline!The big 90mm Sturmey Archer front drum brake stops you on a dime! Wide wheels with 11 gauge spokes were used for strength on both front and rear rims. Wide Fat Frank tires and tubes were used on the front and rear as well. The rear coaster brake hub uses a CNC aluminum sprocket adaptor with a 44 tooth aluminum sprocket. Check out the cool cafe handlebars turned upside down for a different look. Straight pull throttle,kill button cool grips and an aluminum front brake lever finishes the front end. A 36 tooth pedal side sprocket makes for an easy takeoff. A nickel plated chain and bear trap pedals set it off. I think the Felt bobbed chrome fenders really set the bike off. Speaking of Felt check out the way cool Old school Felt bicycle seat. The brown leather really stands out. The gas tank bracket had to be shortened so the look could be kept. Came out well I thought. The custom chrome air cleaner makes the motor breath better and looks nice. The exhaust is a stainless steel flex pipe like I used on my Whizzer build. Sounds good and they last well. Check out the exhaust flange. It was cut out using a water jet then I welded a stub on it so I could slip the flex pipe on. I used a two piece slip collar to hold the pipe. Looks cool.

The 49cc HuaSheng motor is a very reliable motor. The transmission on a motorized bike is the most important part for reliability. This build uses one of the best. It's the Grubee 4G!! NO BRASS BUSHES HERE!! That's about it. No miles on this baby. Just started long enough to set up the carb!! Ride this sucker anywhere!! You must set up your own delivery. I might be able to deliver it within a couple hundred miles for gas fees. You need this one!! Email me for any questions. NEW PRICE $600.00 Can deliver within 200 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Powertool and Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Purty work, Tommer!
As I was reading threw, I kept saying, "please don't be selling for nothing!" I still think thats a heck of a deal. But some folks will put 50 hrs into a mb and all sorts of bells and whistles. Then ask for next to nothing for the bike.

Knowing what ya did to get her that way, still think it's a kind offer.