Not getting power/sounds like won’t fire right

GoldenMotor.com

HandyCapps

Aug 25, 2021
I’m seriously at a loss of what to do. I replaced the clutch pads in my 80/100cc China girl and the spark plug, I have checked all seals for air leaks, adjusted carb needle, cleaned muffler, drained oil/gas mix out remixed 1/2 gallon 20/1, but my motor sounds like it’s not firing right and has very little power. Please anyone help!!!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
If you got the magneto upside down, it could be the problem. Greg would know, but think the keyway has to be at 1 O'clock at top dead center..............Curt

HandyCapps

Aug 25, 2021
Have you disassembled the carb? I've had the jet get loose and cause a very rich condition.
I’ve taken both my carbs apart and rebuilt them both like 20 times. I just got my new ordered carburetor so now I’m attacking it and testing

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Which spark plug did you use? B6HS is the most common, gap it at 26-28 thousands. Have you tried removing the muffler end cap? If it runs better without the cap the jet is too large, caution it will be loud!

HandyCapps

Aug 25, 2021
Which spark plug did you use? B6HS is the most common, gap it at 26-28 thousands. Have you tried removing the muffler end cap? If it runs better without the cap the jet is too large, caution it will be loud!
I did use the B6HS I gapped it at 0.03 but I think it was burning to hot so I put the factory one back on after checking it’s gap and cleaned with wire brush. I got a replacement carburetor and installed it, double checked the magneto and properly (I’m hoping) adjusted the clutch plate and cable. Now it’s running but acts like it needs more air, I removed the air filter and there was an excess amount of fuel in the carburetor spitting out when throttling. Plus when I get up to speed it was wanting to jerk a little. When I got her home the fuel line going from the tank to fuel filter was empty and from the filter to the carburetor had gas and I noticed bubbles coming up the line hinting there is a possible air leak, I noticed the port where the fuel line connects to the carburetor had some fuel leaking from the threads and my float bowl screw was leaking a little too. I’ll be checking it out and doing some remedy tinkering in the morning but if anyone has any other opinion on what else could be happening I’m all ears!!!!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Some blow back is normal on a piston port engine since it doesn’t have a reed valve to prevent it. Most stock carburetors are jetted too Rich, here at 1000 feet above sea level I solder my jets and drill them according to the spark plug color.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
When you get the jet right you will notice a big difference, I have a 48cc engine on a 24” wheel bike that is very fast, it runs in the 31-32 mph range and turns 7500-7700 rpm. I have the jet just about perfect.

Reactions: HandyCapps