North Alabama- Eva Frontier Days

GoldenMotor.com

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
Eva has an antique car and tractor parade, (I swear there were two hundred tractors), on it's Frontiers Days, around September 22 in 2007.

Last year Jack (who lives about 5 miles from Eva) took his Whizzer, and I rode over on a green Next bike I was breaking in.

Norm Easterwood and his neighbor were supposed to try and come over on their Happy Times, but missed it.

Now there are a lot more of us MBers, and we could meet up at Jack's, and ride into town as a group, have a parade before theirs even gets started. Jack might even let you ride in on his California Stretch Cruiser, and he has two Whizzers he likes to show off.

I'm sure I can get 5-10 of my group up there, and Jack has a bunch of relatives running around on his builds. There is plenty of room in town to gather and try each others bikes out for test rides.

Whattaya think?

Tom Bartlett

Jul 13, 2008
North Alabama
Many thanks for the heads-up on the upcoming event in Eva. I'll try to attend with one of my bikes. I'm attaching a picture of the John Deere ZipCycle, just need to finish it off with a miniature bale of hay on the luggage carrier. Working now on a replica 1913 (very loose interpretation) Indian Board track racer, powered by a Happy Time engine (my first). Still having fun in retirement.
Tom Bartlett

Attachments

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
Arab Al. (close to Huntsville Al.
sounds like a plan to me ,,,, i get my daughter on some weekends so ill never know if i can go or not till a few days ahead of time,,, but tht would be fun to attend ,,,, we must have quite a few bikes here close by in north bama,,, so it would be a good group if we all could get there....(^)

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
Arab Al. (close to Huntsville Al.
Many thanks for the heads-up on the upcoming event in Eva. I'll try to attend with one of my bikes. I'm attaching a picture of the John Deere ZipCycle, just need to finish it off with a miniature bale of hay on the luggage carrier. Working now on a replica 1913 (very loose interpretation) Indian Board track racer, powered by a Happy Time engine (my first). Still having fun in retirement.
Tom Bartlett
nice bike,,, you should get a round bag for the back rack and make it look like a bail of hay ,,, that way ya could use it also ....

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
sounds like a plan to me ,,,, i get my daughter on some weekends so ill never know if i can go or not till a few days ahead of time,,, but tht would be fun to attend ,,,, we must have quite a few bikes here close by in north bama,,, so it would be a good group if we all could get there....(^)
I saw kids playing a bunch of games, races, ol' timey frontier games, and such right after the parade of tractors. Good food vendors too, and a classic car show on the other side of the street.

I talked to Jack today, and he's gung ho....a character he has 5 or 6 veggie diesel vehicles, getting 51 mpg in his 2006 Jeep, plus a lot of bikes in various states of repair.

Kudzu-you'll love this...he found a Worksman Trike with a sapling growing through the spokes, now its up on the porch, ready to motorize.

Halfway between Eva and Cullman is a "closed" service station with an airplane shading the tanks (talk about "can't miss it"). Jack's driveway is about 5O feet west of that station, on the otherside of the road. He has a grocery cart at the end of the driveway to keep dogs out of his trash.

Anyway, we show up a little early, a lot of ideas will pop up, play it by ear, then make the GRAND ENTRANCE into Eva.

Tom Bartlett

Jul 13, 2008
North Alabama
I am attempting to create a "vintage" engine look using a HT chinese one as a starting point. I fabricated the fake crankcase and now plan to add a fake outside magneto (the one that uses the small horseshoe magnets). In order to use the older "upright" cylinder look, I am having to slightly modify the chain sprocker area. I am attaching two photos of my early attempts.
Still having fun in retirement,
Tom

Attachments

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
That looks really great Tom, that's thinking outside the box. The faux crank case is brilliant, it completely changes the look of the China Fire. What bike did you use as your starting point? I see you have a vintage rat trap springer, I've always liked those things. Keep up the good work...Kelly