no spoke wheels?

GoldenMotor.com

svc

Jan 10, 2009
sydney australia
I havent used them. Can you get a disk brake rear. The mount would make a sprocket mount easy. Andy does one to match i believe. --------->

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
I was talking to a mate today and his a bicycle machanic. He said the reason because of the buckeling rim is when you pedal u are moving the hub and it takes a little bit of time to move the spokes.
So the spokes are bending. He said this isnt to bad when just normal peldaling but when you have the power of a motor it just magnafys it.
Just thought id share that.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Those are very cheap $80 for a set of wheels is very inexpensive. Don't know about shipping though.
I see 1 main issue w/ those wheels. It matters entirely what they are made out of. They are not easilly repairable, probably will stay true laterally, but potholes are death radially.
They sure do look cool!

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Shipping is another 80 on top of that. I looked at these buy i think i'm just opting for the wheelmasters 12 guage spokes wheels. 26 by 2.125. 5/6 speed freewheel. Hopefully it'l work with my old mountain bike. I love the look of these rims. BMX riders say this material breaks under jumps. But we're not exactly doing jumps, but potholes did worry me. So i'm sticking with the conventional 36 spoke just beefing it up a little.