Nirve Cannibal Chopper Build

Discussion in 'Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles' started by sdevers, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Santa Cruz Scooter Works

It's easy to say that if you have access to a machine shop but for me $125 would be cheap compared to being broken down miles away from home and having to push your bike for miles or hours. Try not to get caught up in trying to mock something up because you'll end up paying the same if not close in labor and materials.
    Build for reliability

2. Tony01

Tony01 Member

Don't have access! Well you could buy a drill press and an angle grinder for that money, and make a lot more stuff afterwards too. My biggest expense was $130 for a front brake.

3. sdevers

sdevers New Member

So I got it all mounted. It definitely gave me some trouble as originally expected. After I ended up building the bike twice myself and realized that neither of the mount I bought were going to work well. But thanks to Norm at VMB for helping me mount the engine. After that It was on me to make the bike perform. AND PERFORM IT DOES.. Would love to quiet the idle a little bit. but I don't think this CNC thruster exhaust calls for quiet. hahaha. .trlrl.

Attached Files:

4. sdevers

sdevers New Member

5. JerryAssburger

JerryAssburger New Member

Dang that bike looks cool. That whole wave of Chopper Bikes that came out a few years ago were begging for motors. The first one I ever saw was the Schwinn version (Stingray?). Nice job!scratg

6. sdevers

sdevers New Member

#26 sdevers, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  7. Velodrome

Velodrome New Member

Dang! That does look good! Ditch that lethal chain tensioner quick as you can. Nice mount solution. Norm seems to be full of tricks and piles of helpfull knowledge. Whats that thingy at the back? Looks like its on the far side sticking up above the sprocket at an angle? Tail light? Well done Sir!

8. sdevers

sdevers New Member

its a rear LED light. lights up my whole rear wheel. Working on some signals with it.