Newsboy workmans cycle

GoldenMotor.com

Mackk

Mar 21, 2021
Hello, I am looking for a newsboy for a electric bike conversion kit I have. . I live in Washington state ...I know they're out of New York, Is there any members on the west coast here knowing of any kind of frame like that out here... also looking for a drop Loop for motor build...with something like a honda 160...has any body used the drum front and rear from Workmans cycle...would they stop very well?..thanks for your time

Reactions: fasteddy

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Hello, I am looking for a newsboy for a electric bike conversion kit I have. . I live in Washington state ...I know they're out of New York, Is there any members on the west coast here knowing of any kind of frame like that out here... also looking for a drop Loop for motor build...with something like a honda 160...has any body used the drum front and rear from Workmans cycle...would they stop very well?..thanks for your time
Yes I have Worksman F&R drum brake wheels on my Whizzer M/B
I bought the wheels 16 years ago and put almost 39,000 miles on em.
I highly recommend them

The brake shoes seem to last forever and get better with use.
I suggest using Worksman cables or M/C cables Thin bike cables seem to flex and don't work as well. Use brake hand levers with a good pull distance as Drum brakes need more cable pull than rim brakes.

Buy your wheels at the same time and save on shipping.
Because if ya buy one wheel or two wheels shipping will be the same price.