Newfoundland t railway

GoldenMotor.com

stevennf94

Sep 3, 2020
Newfoundland, Canada
Planing on doing this next spring with a 2 stroke mountain bike build.
People do it without motors every year. There's a lot of bailout points along the way and a bus that can take me home if shtf. Already got lightweight camping gear. I always dreamed of hiking it but is more realistic on a bike.

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
Planing on doing this next spring with a 2 stroke mountain bike build.
People do it without motors every year. There's a lot of bailout points along the way and a bus that can take me home if shtf. Already got lightweight camping gear. I always dreamed of hiking it but is more realistic on a bike.
Stevenn, good luck with planned cross country tour. I made that very same trip by rail many years ago so I know you will be seeing lots of wonderful country on your way. Do not forget to take a supply of chain master links etc and tire patching items with you. Enjoy your adventure and post lots of pictures.

Reactions: fasteddy

stevennf94

Sep 3, 2020
Newfoundland, Canada
Stevenn, good luck with planned cross country tour. I made that very same trip by rail many years ago so I know you will be seeing lots of wonderful country on your way. Do not forget to take a supply of chain master links etc and tire patching items with you. Enjoy your adventure and post lots of pictures.
Thanks and yeah of course I'll need spare set of nuts bolts gaskets master links and spare inner tube. Its conviently nearby to I pass an entrance to this trail on a daily basis and have family along the way where I can get a hot shower and warm meals

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Fold up tires that don't use metal bead unflex from carton well. Spare tire I needed once and had to go on a hike locking bike back in woods when bead broke. Its an off road legal only bike without pedals I got California DMV sticker for. The DIY Build has me edging toward getting a motor cross motorcycle, they have rims and tires that can get you back while flat. Difficult to ride some, but easier than hiking steep terrain in riding boots. I understand the tire would be thrown out after riding flat for a distance, but it would be worth the price. Ages ago did ride from up state NY to Maine. Then ferry to Nova Scota and ride around the island with a group. 1000 mi in 90 days pedaling no motor.

Reactions: Davideo