Newbie introduction

GoldenMotor.com

Stingraze

Jan 29, 2019
Hello. New to the forum. My son and I just built this bike over Christmas. It is great! Love it. Looking forward to learning about mods. Already had to do some tweaks to get it to fit etc but have already put 175 miles + in the neighborhood

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome, warning these things are addictive. I started off helping a friend that needs cheap transportation in 2010 and have built 7 since. Two I still own, good to see you added the exhaust mounting clamp, I had a muffler break off at the body weld from vibration because I didn't.

Stingraze

Jan 29, 2019
Welcome, warning these things are addictive. I started off helping a friend that needs cheap transportation in 2010 and have built 7 since. Two I still own, good to see you added the exhaust mounting clamp, I had a muffler break off at the body weld from vibration because I didn't.

Thank you for the welcome. I am totally addicted and all my neighbors think I’m crazy. Buzzing around on this thing does not get old! The exhaust clamp was a necessity due to the motor torquing over causing the exhaust to hit the pedal. Prob need to get something more permanent, as those are two pipe straps my son found in the garage.

Stingraze

Jan 29, 2019
A important upgrade is front brakes, bmx side pull with 96mm reach has fit mine. The set with brakes, cable and lever is around $20 on eBay.
Defiantly need something as my coaster brake doesn’t do too well and I have already broken two straps that hold coaster brake to the frame. I asked my local bike shop about a setup and they said bike wasn’t set up for hand brakes. I will need to take a closer look to see what I can figure out

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
0310021506.jpg
If the front fork has the hole to mount a fender you can mount the brake assembly, the fork probably fits several bike models and should have the hole. The black bike has the brake installed, I added it to the silver one later.

Last edited: