New to this: Need advice

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by mhalik, Sep 3, 2008.

1. mhalik

mhalik New Member

Hi, I am new to this and am thinking about building a bike. I am a big boy, 6'2" 265Lbs and would prefer a 4 stroke that is quiet. Any suggestions from which bike to buy and best kit would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. signtist

signtist New Member

I'm about the same size as you are and the little 50, 60, or 80cc are just perfect. I prefer my 60cc the best. It's not very loud. I to would like a 4 stroke. They just don't seem to be availabe. The 2 strokes "LOOK" right.

3. ebmvegan

ebmvegan New Member

My neighbor installed an 80cc 2 stroke on to a Schwinn. He's 6'4'' and weighs in at about 270. He keeps up with me for the most part on flat. Inclines however, he needs to pedal a little.

4. LordMaximo

LordMaximo New Member

Check out the "surpluscenter.com" site. They have some 4-stroke engines available and the Harbor Freight company has 196cc 4-stroke engines for $180.00 Good buys and well worth the investment. I am at 5'10" and 265lbs.
    I run the fattest knobby tires on my 26" Murry mountain bike, which is a rigid frame too, and will be installing a Tecumseh on this build. I don't mind spending a few hundred bucks on an engine to haul my lard around. :cool:

Maximo

5. BlueCollarBike

BlueCollarBike New Member

we get many calls At blue-Collar asking if the motor kits will carry the Plus size.

So we got a buddy of mine weighing in @ 280 lbs then made a small clip and placed it on you tube. YouTube - Big Guy On A Moterized Bicycle

Sound is not the best.

cheers:)

Bob

6. mhalik

mhalik New Member

Thanks for the replys. Are any particular makes of bikes better than others?

7. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello Mhalic, Welcome to the forum :)
    :ride2:

8. BlueCollarBike

BlueCollarBike New Member

I like the Kmart Mongoose Mountain bike

Welcome to the Fourm .

cheers

Bob

BlueCollarBike