New to these forums

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MotorGator, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MotorGator

MotorGator New Member

New to these forums and getting my requisite number of posts in.......to be able to post with links and pictures. Thanks

2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome,
    How's the weather in Gainsville today? You'll find quite a few members here from the Sunshine State; my old stompin' grounds, but a few miles south of you. Lived in Miami all my life until 79. Preferred the west coast though. Send us some pix of your ride. We like to see what everyone else is building. Enjoy.
    Tom

#2 2door, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  3. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the most informative, friendliest and biggest bike site on the planet.

4. misteright1_99

misteright1_99 New Member

Welcome neighbor, from the Treasure Coast..............

5. Weedylot

Weedylot Angry Old Fart

Welcome to the site! From a former swamp rat. Born in Ft. Lauderdale and "raised" at the edge the Everglades. (I actually never have grown up) Now a denizen of the desert.
    This is the friendliest site for MBs. Lots of experts to help you out and BS with. :D

6. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. Say hello to Big Daddy for us.

7. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Bender,
    Have you ever been to Garlit's Museum? My folks, when they were alive, used to live about 2 miles from Big Daddy's place in Ocala. Whenever I was there for a visit I'd go through to see anything new. There is some drag racing history there. Things I used to see run when I was a pre teen even (and that was a while back). Tommy Ivo's twin Buick car, the old Super Sport coupe, The Chizzler, all the old greats of the 1/4 mile.
    Tom

8. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

2dr; I visited Big Daddy's museum in the early 90's. I still have my time slip from
    the drag racing simulator in a photo album.

Because BD was always innovating, I mainly remember the various versions of the swamp rat. My wife was with me or I would have stayed all day until they ran me off.

I always thought he would figure a way to make the sidewinder dragster work (the one with the sideways engine in back). Maybe he will. Cheers

9. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Bender,
    Maybe Garlits could get Jim, Creative Engineering, to build him a clutch actuator; just a bigger version for that sidewinder. :)

10. oldcliff

oldcliff New Member

Welcome to the forum Motorgator. Sounds like there is a lot of racing activity in your neck of the woods. Datona is coming up soon with some great motorcycle racing. Wish I was there.

Have fun on the forum.

Oldcliff