New to building gas bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Kristopher1980

Aug 28, 2020
Hello all,

My name is Kristopher and I am from Ottawa, ON.

I am new to building bikes. I have two motors and 2 beach cruiser bikes. I am almost finished building, but came into chain tension and alignment issues.

I am more than certain, that I will be reading lots here and asking lots of questions.

Looking forward to hearing from and chatting with everyone.

*** Is it just me, or do others have issues with writing text on this forum.

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, there's a lot to cover when putting together a bike kit, chain alignment problems are a common problem. If using the kit supplied rag joint I like to mount it to the wheel and put the wheel bake on the bike and spin the wheel to adjust the mounting bolts till I get the sprocket running true. You can mount the sprocket dish in or out depending on what you need or for frame clearance.

Kristopher1980

Aug 28, 2020
Thanks for the replies. No, the 2 bike situation came when I was searching for a bike. Here in Ontario bikes are quite rare due to covid. I found both bikes ok on kijiji and made on offers on both. That's how I ended up with two bikes. I am glad I did, as I have ended up robbing parts from both, building one complete bike.

The issue that I have; is when I ride the bike - it feels like every part on the bike and motor is about to explode into a million parts. I know they are rough running and "shakey". Even with good thread lock, bolts are loosening etc.

I have decided to build a decent bike using quality parts, hopefully sourced from Canada. I will post a new thread with regards to this upcoming build. I look forward to advice on my build.

It is a hobby project, so I am not overly concerned with cost, as I want to build a quality 4 stroke

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You want to be careful up there in Canada, really stiff fines in some areas, welcome aboard. 4 stroke are smother.......Curt

Reactions: Tony01