new section for home brew

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
With the increased interest in building our own bikes it might be time to go for a home brew or alternate engine section.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Perhaps under the DIY category we could have a running UTube links thread
where interesting innovations could posted FBO. (for the benefit of the forum)

There is so much good material noobs should see there that a data base of such
video clips could increase their learning curve with ease and dampen the redundant
questions in the future. (I see it coming) :eek:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
ok i renamed the homebuilt section to
DIY Home Built Motorized Bicycle (non kit)

as far as redundant questions. remember the average age group of motorized bicycle riders is not of the computer age and most of them including me are just learning to use the computer. they join and want a question answered and do not know how to use the search function and stuff but will in time. so i do not mind it and try to answer the questions and give a link to the answer more in depth. we all have to remember when we first joined a forum and help each other by answering question even if they have been asked time and time again. thats the whole reason for this forum is to help each other

vegaspaddy

Jul 24, 2008
las vegas
wow seen homebrew and my eyes lit up,

back in my university days when i shared a place with 6 guys we had all sorts of stuff brewing, bitters, larger, wine, you name it we drunk it, we almost blew the garage roof of one time, lets just say a little too much sugar....

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I bottled homebrew beer with a teaspoon of sugar to make da fizz and I have had bottls blow. Back in my post war hippie days lol.

customshop05

Feb 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Filling paperwork right now to open a microbrewery! I make lots of great beers, and soda's if your ever in WI pm me. we could have a brew and go for a ride! (ride before the brew!) drinking and driving is not supported!

AussieSteve

Nov 26, 2009
Nowra, NSW, Australia
Didn't know there was a thread going on this subject, until now.
Been brewing for a little over a year now, just Lager.
I run two x 23 litre fermenters full-time and have managed to make and consume 62 batches of 54 x 375ml bottles.
Love it, and to think that I wasted all that money buying beer before my enlightenment.
Good home brew &@%$s on the commercial stuff.
Had a couple of bad batches early on, but nothing but nice, clear beer for a year now.
Hobbies:
1. Making home brew.
2. Drinking home brew

... Steve

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
Been brewing beer over 30 years. My grandmother taught me. She made beer during prohibition. I've had a few bottles of beer and wine blow up on me. I always hated loosing good bottles.
Hey any of you guys build a home brew motorbike?