new project here :-)

GoldenMotor.com

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
It will be interesting to watch your progress. Keep the pic's comming. Care to share some details of your build plans ?

here is another pic or 2
you can see that I hacked off the upper tube to gain better stand over
the mount on the engine has it offset a little bit but that helps with the exhaust & intake so Im cool with it
the big thing is going to be the tensioner tor the drive chain
its gona be a freaking long chain
JAK

edit: added a couple of pics
take care
JAK

Attachments

Last edited:

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI Jak,

Nice looking build....very creative I'll have to say!

One thing I might recommend is to try to put a chain on NOW....just to make sure it will make it to the sprocket without too many issues (or at least issues that you may not be able to over come).....

I say this only because somewhere there was a person trying to motorize a lady's bike and because of the engine height relative to the sprocket the chainline was so ....well for lack of a better word...not good, the project had to be abandoned....I'd hate for you to invest alot of time and effort only to possibly be disappointed in the end...BUT with all the building you are doing now to get where you are I'm sure you could get it figured out in the end....Just thought I'd mention it tho....just in case you know... ;-)

Please keep us posted...good work!

Andrew

HI Jak,

Nice looking build....very creative I'll have to say!

One thing I might recommend is to try to put a chain on NOW....just to make sure it will make it to the sprocket without too many issues (or at least issues that you may not be able to over come).....

I say this only because somewhere there was a person trying to motorize a lady's bike and because of the engine height relative to the sprocket the chainline was so ....well for lack of a better word...not good, the project had to be abandoned....I'd hate for you to invest alot of time and effort only to possibly be disappointed in the end...BUT with all the building you are doing now to get where you are I'm sure you could get it figured out in the end....Just thought I'd mention it tho....just in case you know... ;-)

Please keep us posted...good work!

Andrew
hey thanks man
I did use rope over the range of motion I expect with no problem

the thing is that the chain length is going to change over an inch
its gona be a long chain & Im going to need a good tensioner
I was thinking of an automotive serpentine belt tensioner
my feeling is that the chain dosent need to be really tight but the slack needs to be pulled up quickly
blah blah :)

have a great weekend
JAK

Carlman

Dec 3, 2008
Perth, WA, Australia
hey thanks man
I did use rope over the range of motion I expect with no problem

the thing is that the chain length is going to change over an inch
its gona be a long chain & Im going to need a good tensioner
I was thinking of an automotive serpentine belt tensioner
my feeling is that the chain dosent need to be really tight but the slack needs to be pulled up quickly
blah blah :)

have a great weekend
JAK

It was aussie jester over in the chop shop that used one side of a leniar brake set with a drauilier cog as a tensioner, check it out