New Project (about time)

GoldenMotor.com

lottahorses

Apr 10, 2008
Got a Kustom Kruiser and a Set of white tires off ebay last night. Gonna use the S6 - T 5.8 hp Morini motor with a whizzer sheave for belt drive. Will make a new kicker to clear the chain. I Drew up the bike in adobe today and will start when that bike gets here. (gonna keep the spoiler after all.)

Last edited:

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
You will not be able to use the Belt off the Whizzer it is too large. The whizzer has no gear reduction like the Morini. You will need a sheave about the size of the 40 tooth sprocket or you will go very slow. GO for the 36 tooth sprocket and cruse about 30mph no sweat, 40 if you twist it up. Have fun, Dave
PS: I think you are the first here to use the Morini, I can't wait to hear how it go's. And a good looking idea.

Last edited:

lottahorses

Apr 10, 2008
drawing is just a rough in. i have to wait for the motor to get here to see how big of a sheave i can get on it and reverse the gear ratio. go bigger sheave to smaller sheave then big sheave to rear wheel to use the whizzer sheave. if not i can machine a smaller sheave and attach it to the rear wheel hub. ( i am in a big machine shop :). ) it will be belt drive one way or another. here is an early stage belt drive pic from the spoiler with a fabricated rear wheel sheave out of heavy duty nylon. had to make one cause its a 20in tire and 4 1/2 wide no room.

Last edited:

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Good looking work. You know what you are doing. I would love to have access to a machine shop withought having to shell out big bucks. Keep us posted I am looking forward to the finish. Have fun, Dave
PS: Who is pulling those red flames on the frame?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
You will need a sheave about the size of the 40 tooth sprocket or you will go very slow. GO for the 36 tooth sprocket and cruse about 30mph no sweat, 40 if you twist it up. Have fun, Dave
PS: I think you are the first here to use the Morini, I can't wait to hear how it go's. And a good looking idea.
I would go with something like a 47-49. I 36-40 will make you lose a lot of low end but that bike will be able to hit 50+mph considering the 47 topped out at 45+. I tried to take a video of the italian stallion but I left the camera on and it drained the battery :(
You should call Dean @ Pipelyne he could set you up with the motor mounts and pipe.
It's going to be one sweet project when its done.