NEW MOTORBICYCLING LAYOUT STINKS

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I THINK THE NEW LAYOUT STINKS NOT JUST THAT I AM FAMILIAR WITH THE OLD THIS IS JUST NOT USER FRIENDLY WITH POSTS AND THREADS EASILY FINDABLE !!!!

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I had trouble even getting to the site. It would never load and just timed out, even on different computers. About 2 weeks later I tried again and it worked. Maybe something to do with my ISP or maybe updates made here to the new format??

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
What I've learned since the change over is if you give yourself a little time it does become a lot easier. It is great on phones and small tablets, which is what I use most of the time. Adding pictures to your post is much easier also. The more you navigate through everything it will get better.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Not liking the new forum system enough to be as regular a visitor as I once was. I think some effort should be put into matching the darker color-scheme of the original for starters. The loss of the Google powered search is a deal breaker for me too. I really haven't looked too deeply, but are our old picture-albums still available? What about our personal content? I can only go back to May 2016...been around since 2012.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The search feature works for me, I have found everything I've looked for so far. I also would like to see black letters for my tired eyes.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I've done a little searching and found what you are talking about Kioshk, I searched for the thread I started in 2011 titled "Chain size chart", the message no results found came up.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Greg (Hey Buddy) sent me a link to this thread. The reason our new host spent the money and time on upgrading the software is the old was no longer supported and vulnerable to hackers an' bad stuff. I personally asked for this as it is not all that different and even though it costs more than other platforms, would be better for us as it is really great for media, pics and vids. Is a forum about crafting some thng and the extra costs, in my humble opinion and some one else's money, snork, well spent. It's just run of the mill navigation wise. It just can do more things and do 'em better.

The color, background. I'll bring it up but we will never get a conciseness on that. I personally love this as I am half blind in one eye and don't see great out of the other. But do see the point of wanting it to look like the old software. But think it would make some happy, cost more money and start a whole new round of "But I liked it that way" Honestly, I understand the want of continuity but would never make every one happy no matter what.

Hiker's emjoi's were a priority and saved. That was a huge deal as was all the old media. It's all still here.

The search feature with this, the new software is barley better than the old software. All of 'em just suck. And this is a better version of what we had.

What I have done for years is use Google. Just where you would search for any thing using google. I have never found a forum or website that had a better search function than Google. It has billions invested in it and top developers behind it. It just works better than any thing else I have found.

This is the joke site to annoy folks who ask questions with out looking but I don't mean it like that! Just incase I said this in a confusing or dan sorta way, snork. And does demonstrate what I have found to work really well and easily.

http://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=motorbicycling.com+Greg58+chainsize+chart

But as always. Any problems or questions, just ask any staff.

---------------

Thanks for sending me the link, Greg!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Harold_B and Greg58