new kit instructions

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by tecker, Jun 18, 2008.

1. tecker

tecker New Member

o k just got my kit boy go fast looks like on ebay who has the best print out instruction on what to and not to do thing to due like making gaskets and open gas tank etc then on mounting need your guys help again thank you mark

2. frenchman159

frenchman159 New Member

Hi mark, My advice to you is read, read, and read some more through all the threads here. amazing learning material. Have a BLAST......
    Smartest guys around are here !!!!!

3. deacon

deacon minor bike philosopher

Lots of good information here throw the kit instruction in the trash. When you get to a problem you don't understand ask here. People on THIS forum like to help a new guy.

I have a boy go fast kit and I know the instructions are worse than useless. they can be dangerous. Read the threads here then ask if you dont understand dont guess.

4. cityevader

cityevader New Member

Amen to that!!!
    Much of the install is based on "gut feeling". Start with the splayed out parts inside a large but shallow tub or box or whatever, so nothing gets lost but everything is visible.
    I'd say mount the sprocket first to dip your toes in the pool. Then the throttle and clutch onto the handlebar only. Then place the engine within the frame to see what angle of mounting "feels right" allowing access to spark plug and air filter. If the engine mount doesn't lie flat against frame, do enough filing so that it does. (And did you remove all the studs and apply loctite? You should.. you need to, you'll regret not doing it). Don't tighten the engine in the frame, just snug enough to adjust position without it falling off, so that it can be aligned best with rear sprocket and throttle and cables etc, by tilting engine as needed.
    THEN, refer to posts regarding proper throttle and clip assembly and washer position, Norman's carb disassembly thread, clutch adjust thread, READ READ READ!!! And remember that performance will be less than stellar until about 200 miles break in is finished, so you can only tinker so much to make it better until then (I think BikeguyJoe's quote...If it ain't broke and you keep messing with it, it WILL be broke! = paraphrased)

5. Pablo

Pablo Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

6. FileStyle

FileStyle New Member

i didnt even get instructions with my chengine , i went on line to get mine and then found this forum!

7. Pablo

Pablo Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

You got lucky!!!

8. deacon

deacon minor bike philosopher

I got instructions and this forum didn't exist when I got mine. The directions and the other forum almost had me give up and start drinking again but NORMAN jumped in and took pity on the old man. So now norman is here and is still helping the rest of us.

Read here go one step at a time and ask questions the build isn't that hard. It is a bit intimidating and it makes you feel stupid but ask ask ask.

9. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles