New Guy, New Fat Tire Build

GoldenMotor.com

MB-Brian

Mar 31, 2018
Hi Guys,

Just found this forum and need to figure out how things work around here. I recently completed a motorized bike build using a Mongoose Dolomite fat tired bike. It turned out to be a bit more of a project than I expected, but the end result turned out pretty nice (at least in my opinion!).

Here are a few pics, or at least I hope they show up!

New iPhone Pics 274.JPG

New iPhone Pics 275.JPG

New iPhone Pics 248.JPG

New iPhone Pics 249.JPG

Brian

Reactions: Dan

MB-Brian

Mar 31, 2018
Thanks for the welcome!

You're right, it is tight but I was able to everything to fit and all the spinning parts have clearance (not a lot, but enough!).

New iPhone Pics 276.JPG

New iPhone Pics 249.JPG

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Looks nice! Good use of the shaped carb manifold. What size two stroke and kind of HP output? The spark plug is easy to access. On my Briggs build it needs to have the engine unbolted to safely not break fins to access spark plug. I just need to custom make a wrench and it should be done without.

Reactions: MB-Brian

MB-Brian

Mar 31, 2018

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Brian, welcome!

Dig it! Was just eyeballin' a fat tire bike today. Man, they just look BA.

LoL. Got 2 builds going right now and you got me thinking.....

CrazyDan

Apr 9, 2018
Yucaipa, CA
The dolomite is a bit challenging trying to fit a stock kit on, offset motor mounts or a jackshaft is needed to clear the tire. @MB-Brian I would try to get that carb more level than it currently is. Other than that, looks perfect.

lukecanna

Aug 2, 2018
Hi. im building a fat bike aswell and just wondering where you got your jackshaft kit?

wemo101

Apr 6, 2010
NJ
Hey Brian, you inspired me. just ordered a Dolomite and the 80cc wildcat kit. Where did you find the offset intake tube? Any advise on the build?