New Guy. New Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Taviddude

Jul 26, 2022
Hey all.
I'm a first time motorized bike owner. I bought three silver slants, got them last Thursday and put two on bikes over the weekend. I must say, I have learned quite a bit in the last 4 days. Seems like most things that can go wrong will go wrong during the break-in / break-down period. Great learning experience. I realized pretty quick that you cannot take Anything for granted on these motors or kits. Everything has to be checked. I totally disassembled both motors, clutches and all, greased what needed to be greased and fixed what needed to be fixed before installing them on the bikes. The magnet, and magneto on one bike were grinding into each other so I cleaned it all and put it back together correctly. On the other motor, the woodruff key for the magnet had fallen out before it was assembled at the factory and the magnet was torqued down on top of it. Luckily I could see it sticking out from underneath it. Other than that, nothing major. Burnt me out over the weekend, but all that aside, I'm really enjoying my new ride. I put an 80cc silver slant on a Kent Bayside. Looks good, rides good, and everything fit well. I've got about 60 miles in in the last 2 days. Still breaking in. Currently running aviation fuel. 100LL. So far so good. We're in the mountains of North Georgia, and I have to do very little pedaling if any. I've always been a pretty into road cycling, but it is nice to hop on something with an engine and go so. My dad just had heart surgery, so it'll be a while before he can do any pedal cycling with me. So far it's been an absolute blast to be together out on bikes just feeling the wind in our face and watching the trees go by.

Reactions: fasteddy