New Guy Chicago

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mundy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Mundy

Mundy New Member

I'm working on putting a motorized bike project together so I thought I'd join to maybe get some tips and ideas.

So far I think I'll be using a DeNardis 50cc 2 stroke air cooled engine with kick start and a custom made frame with built in engine mounts, dual spring fork, bars, and seat post.

I'm still trying to find the perfect rear hub to use... Since I'm going with a kick start I'm not even sure I'd need a right hand drive hub. I was thinking of getting a left hand drive fixed gear hub with a 44T cog and a right side disc brake mount made.

I'm trying to keep it clean and light, or as light as a bike with a motor needs to be.

-Charles

2. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

Howdy and welcome to the clubhouse!! Lots of good info in here.

3. curtisfox

curtisfox Active Member

Welcome! That's one nice motor, should make a nice build.............Curt

4. dmb

dmb Active Member

try the morini section for hot 2 stroke mx engines. you might want to look for a ktm 50cc bike that way you get everything, pipe, carb,cdi/coil,throtle cables and a way better made engine and if it has the race clutch your way ahead of the curve. these guys spend a fortune on their kids bikes then they out grow them or loose interest. nothing wrong with the DeNardis but they are a step down china engine. what ever you choose welcome and your gonna have a blast. dennis

5. Tyler6357

Tyler6357 Member

Welcome!
    DeNardis 50cc 2 stroke? Sweet!! I doubt you would need a right side drive hub, but in most states it must have a peddle drive to be called a motorized bicycle.