New from Boise Idaho

GoldenMotor.com

Tslyter88

Apr 29, 2017
Boise, ID
I'm pretty new to this motorized bike thing. Recently got my 2nd dui and my license is suspended for a year so I need a way to work. Does anyone know of any local shops that sell kits or do I have to order online?

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome! Online will probably be your best bet. Read through a lot of the threads before you purchase......it'll save you from many of the troubles that can arise with a first time build.

Best of luck in your life situation.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I'm pretty new to this motorized bike thing. Recently got my 2nd dui and my license is suspended for a year so I need a way to work. Does anyone know of any local shops that sell kits or do I have to order online?
That is the case for many here.

What kind of system are you getting?
'Pedal start' 2-stroke engines are not your only choice...

If you are just looking for something reliable and easy to maintain look at 4-stroke or even electric as a 2-stroke is a 'hobby' engine with hassles starting with it needing a gas/oil mix for fuel.

I am liking 4-stroke builds these days.
Pull start, automatic clutch, and it runs on regular gas.

If you must spend a year having to ride an MB that's not bad for the ~$700 parts range.

If the court didn't take all your money, and you can afford ~$1K in parts you can build yourself something like this...

Legal engine in most states, but taking advantage of bike gearing.
Gears changes everything

That's a NuVinci 360 CVT hub getting engine power and this goes 40mph @ ~80mpg.

Just options if the courts haven't taken all your money already.

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Be careful, depending on where you live you do still need a license and in some states you can not have shifting gears on your bike. I got pulled over today on my bike and if I didn't have a current license and a direct drive they were going to take my bike.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Be careful, depending on where you live you do still need a license and in some states you can not have shifting gears on your bike. I got pulled over today on my bike and if I didn't have a current license and a direct drive they were going to take my bike.
Bummer laws, we are pretty easy here.