new expansion chamber and high performance carb

GoldenMotor.com

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
ordered my first two upgrades on my 2 stroke 80cc bike. I bought a expansion chamber for about 80 bucks on ebay, its a mz65 clone, its not one of the cheap banana pipes which are apparently the same as the stock muffler. and a performance racing carb, along with a cdi but that was because the other one broke. Will the pipe and the carb go good together ? just waiting on them....

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That's like the pipe I have, it will be very loud, be warned! I would do only one upgrade at a time, that way you can tell if what you installed helped or hurt. A lot of people change several things at once and don't know which part is causing their problem. I added a stock muffler body to mine as a silencer, I also added another mount near the end of the pipe. Use removable thread locker on the exhaust nuts.

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
That's like the pipe I have, it will be very loud, be warned! I would do only one upgrade at a time, that way you can tell if what you installed helped or hurt. A lot of people change several things at once and don't know which part is causing their problem. I added a stock muffler body to mine as a silencer, I also added another mount near the end of the pipe. Use removable thread locker on the exhaust nuts.
did the pipe add much power ?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Not a lot of top end but a lot of low end hill climbing torque. Keep in mind mine is on a 48cc so it will be different with the larger engine.

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
Not a lot of top end but a lot of low end hill climbing torque. Keep in mind mine is on a 48cc so it will be different with the larger engine.
oh ok, you should upgrade to a 80cc or 100cc, the difference in power is unbelievable.