New camshaft

GoldenMotor.com

DavidRay

Aug 10, 2021
First build and I know It's probably been asked before and will be asked again but I'm having a problem with the Clutch I've gone through 2 cam shafts And have another one but don't want to put it in and ruin it as well also I cut my own buckingbar from 8 mm drill bit And it seems to be fine although my Cam shaft keeps getting torn up on The last motor I bought it had some kind of cloth material maybe denim Wrapped around the buckinghar and In the hole where the buckinghar meets the camshaft has anyone have any idea what the material is that would have been used.

Attachments

Reactions: fasteddy

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm not sure what's going on with the cloth in there... (because it shouldn't be there)! ... But try keeping plenty of grease where the cam meets the bucking bar. Keeping that area greased has always worked for me.

Another thing to check... there's suppossed to be a ball bearing behind the bucking bar to keep it from spinning while the engine is running... A spinning bucking bar might be what's causing the heavy wear on the cam face? (put grease on the bearing too).

Reactions: fasteddy

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Norm I must be really lucky, I've never had any issues with the clutch or related parts on any of my engines, two are entry level kits from ebay.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Nice looking bike. A suspension sissy bar would look really good on it. I'd even go as far as getting a 5 speed IGH and a 5 speed top tube stick shifter.