New build... chain binding

GoldenMotor.com

Search

Apr 2, 2023
I'm new to all this so excuse my lack of knowledge... I will post pictures of the build tomorrow after I get off work when it's light outside.

The chain keeps binding up around the gear in the housing, causing the rear wheel to lock up. It's def. not the chain being too loose (I read that somewhere) because I shortened it more and now it's hard to get the master link on. Perhaps it's the chain path? The rear sprocket being out of alignment?

I know it'll be easier to diagnose if I post pictures, so I will get them up asap.

Thanks in advance for your time, appreciate it.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Search

Apr 2, 2023
It sounds like the rear sprocket might not be centered on the wheel properly.
It's def. not centered correctly, as I noticed taking pictures. Thursday I should be getting a sprocket adapter, instead of the rag joint... going to try that out rather than mess w/ the rag joint...

I also attached pictures in case you can see any other issues.

Thank you
1680564174170.png
1680564140381.png
1680564188786.png
1680564203663.png

Search

Apr 2, 2023
Chain could have a kink in it... Junk kit chain ? They have a stuffer block that fits in there And better chain... MX for minis moped chain...
I honestly don't think it's the chain but I'll save the link just in case

If you scroll up to my last reply, I posted some pictures. The sprocket is def. off center. I'm just wondering if there's any other issues with my chain alignment. I ordered a sprocket adapter so I don't have to use the rag joint... we'll see how that works out Thursday.