New 80cc Samger KIt Issues

GoldenMotor.com

paresh

May 6, 2024
I recently installed an 80cc Samger Kit (China Engine) engine on my bike. At first, I had problems because the intake manifold was restricting the carburetor. I fixed that by installing a new offset long manifold. However, now I have two new issues:
  • The bike only runs if the choke is fully engaged. It will idle on close choke but dies if accelerate
  • There's fuel leaking around the carburetor. I've tried cleaning the carburetor and checking the gaskets, but the leak persists.
  • I'm getting very bad fuel economy. The bike seems to be using a lot more gas than it should.
I'm hoping you can help me troubleshoot these issues.

Reactions: fasteddy

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
I recently installed an 80cc Samger Kit (China Engine) engine on my bike. At first, I had problems because the intake manifold was restricting the carburetor. I fixed that by installing a new offset long manifold. However, now I have two new issues:
  • The bike only runs if the choke is fully engaged. It will idle on close choke but dies if accelerate
  • There's fuel leaking around the carburetor. I've tried cleaning the carburetor and checking the gaskets, but the leak persists.
  • I'm getting very bad fuel economy. The bike seems to be using a lot more gas than it should.
I'm hoping you can help me troubleshoot these issues.
Deck the top of your float bowl if you've checked everything else and the leak persists.
( Clean and check the Needle valve and needle, bend the float valve arms that rest on the float down slightly.)

Get a flat piece of glass and a sheet of wet/dry sandpaper AND GENTLY do the figure 8 with the float bowl until it's smooth and flat and see if that doesn't help. Just make sure you wash all the metal dust off before you put it back on.

This works on "HP" carbs as well, just make sure that you remove the little rubber gasket first.

And leak check that fuel manifold because they are notorious for having pin hole leaks.

Reactions: fasteddy