New 80cc engine won't start

GoldenMotor.com

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
hi, i have a 80cc 2 stroke engine that I mounted on to a bike of mine recently finished it off,
flipped the choke up ) went to start it held in the clutch got some speed and released the clutch, it kinda just bogged along, it didn't sound like it wanted to start, let alone even fire up

it has compression, spark and and a tank of fuel(I am thinking it is something to do with fuel/carb because carb tends to leak a lot)

(did the same thing for about 10 minutes)from then till now I have searched the internet done every thing I can since.such as checked for spark, made sure there's petrol, checked compression, took carburettor apart to check fore anything stopping it, unplugged killswitch
i actually dripped a tiny bit of gasoline into the cylinder still it hasn't started up
once or twice it has fired up then quickly bogged out
I really don't know what to do anymore, this is taking too long god I hope it works out

regards,harry

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, after trying to start it is the spark plug wet or dry? If it wet you're not firing right, check the magnet for the magneto, with the piston at TDC the keyway should be at about 1 o'clock, they have been found installed backwards.
Screenshot_20190728-210536.png

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Try starting it with the choke off or half way. Gap the plug to half what’s specified. Takes 4 times the energy for the spark to jump twice as far.

Testname111

May 20, 2021
Buy a bikeberry super magneto with a stage 1 cdi from bikeberry can't be beat, (tip, file down the contact side of the magneto to the bike engine or sandpaper

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Your carb shouldn't leak, you need to fix the leak. Read this thread, it's old but it's got lots of info.