New 80cc China motor refuses to run! Already went through the checklist

GoldenMotor.com

Soraandaxell

Sep 18, 2018
6413E6E0-AC00-49B1-AF0C-1FC3F4E3D6B3.jpeg
okay so I have a 3 week old China motor from eBay. I know I’m supposed to break these things in so I’m thinking something went wrong there. But here’s a list of symptoms...
- takes a few tries to get turned over
- once it is flipped over it will ride about 10mph almost entirely on its own
- if I pull the clutch out, and it manages to idle, the idles reach too high of rpms for a healthy idle
- if I feed it more than 1/3 throttle it stops accelerating
- WOT will bog the motor and kill it no matter if I have choke or not.
- opening the choke half way kills the motor.
- Opening the choke all the way and it won’t even start, will kill the motor so quickly.
- I have to feather the throttle with full choke on or the motor ends up dying as well.
- I eventually stopped trying for the day as it won’t even turn over now.
- oil will drip from the exhaust now
I’ve made sure the Petcock is flowing.
I took my stock carb apart, couldn’t find anything wrong, not even dirt down in the middle brass thing in the middle of the float.
Tightened my carb, intake, head, and exhaust gaskets down tight.
Brand new BBR volt master CDI box with B5hS spark plug

Finally decided to pull apart my cylinder. Attached a picture, hope it looks right, did I blow a piston ring?

I’m only maybe 10 or 15 miles into my break in period.
What’s wrong???!!! It’s driving me ....well no where except up this dang wall

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
both rings are there & color on piston doesn't seem bad

had a customer whose motor ran similar - slide was in carb upside down

Soraandaxell

Sep 18, 2018
I have it facing as such on the second notch from the middle. It came on the third notch but I was fouling my plug with my 20:1 mix so I thought to make it leaner

Attachments

Soraandaxell

Sep 18, 2018
And with a brand new performance 2 part cdi I can’t have ignition be what’s wrong can I?
Unless I shouldn’t have the coil grounded to the bike frame with a screw for some reason... But yet the bike seems to lose all its power within 2 minutes and in the process I’ll feel it kick and sputter

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
slide I mentioned was that barrel shape thing in your pic - you have that right side up OK

kicking & sputtering suggests fuel problem

read on forum about loose motor mounts and the gas cap vent (you didn't use any rubber to mount motor, did you?)

Last edited:

Soraandaxell

Sep 18, 2018
No rubber was used in the mounting of the engine. I’m not sure but I feel it’s fuel or air so I removed the foamy stuff inside the stock air filter until my new one arrives. Not sure how it’s gonna ride yet. And I’ve heard about venting the gas cap but I’ve already opened the line and petcock and it has a steady flow. So it’s not the petcock, but it’s also not ignition, as I just dry-tested for spark. Spark is there.
What am I doing wrong?????
I thought fuel + air + spark = GO

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
vent problem takes several minutes to show up - best way to check it is ride with gas cap off for a while

if that isn't it, do a compression test

Soraandaxell

Sep 18, 2018
Well I’m Embarrassed to sayThat I have solve the problem it wasn’t anything to do with compression I know I’ve had compression this whole time. I have solve the problem it wasn’t anything to do with compression, what I did figure out Through watching a lot of videos where is that my main jet in my carburetor was not screwed in to the top of the carburetor at all so every time I open the throttle that bogging was starving the engine of fuel or air but it’s all fixed and running like a charm now slightly embarrassed but thank you