1. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

People have run Norm's http://motorbicycling.com/f23/lights-run-off-white-wire-no-7306.html quite successfully, I have one on my Schwinn (his LED taillight option too) & it's great! Thing is the magneto on these bikes has as random a quality control as the rest of the engine does lol All I had to do with the Schwinn tho was reduce the spark plug gap a hair, but it's a good idea to have an off switch for the light as idling/cold start might be affected.

Another option is the Sturmey Archer Dyno Hub X-FDD which supplies 6v, 3w. which I've one an old vintage bike with a huge dual-bulb headlight and taillight which sounds a bit like what you've got in mind.

[​IMG]

Ofc it only works if I'm moving ;)

#21 BarelyAWake, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. jrol22

jrol22 New Member

Thanks alot!

Like I said, I have a bullet light (halogen) from an old Schwinn colegiate that I used to own.
    I think imma work on that light this Monday (TGIAH) lol.

Thanks again, but where would the ground be?

Its sad really, I install light after lights on my jeep...but I cant figure out the MB....lol....

3. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

When I wired the Schwinn I used the engine ground wire to one of the old water bottle mounts as a "chassis ground" so the lights just use the bike's frame as the negative, which reduces the number of wires and/or their length. Odds are your engine is already frame-grounded just by it's contact (mounts).

4. dag_29307

dag_29307 New Member

I have modified a way to run headlight/taillight off of a cell phone.

I have also found a 6V system that can be made for right around $25.00 here's the thread....

HT 6v Charging System w/- ground - MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum

I am currently trying to hook up a couple of LED flashlight heads to my cell phone.

If you have any more questions just let us know that's what we are here for.

5. Maxvision

Maxvision New Member

6. dag_29307

dag_29307 New Member

Yeah!!! Bling Bling on My MB. ;)