Need Help

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Prettyboy, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Prettyboy

Prettyboy New Member

thanks for the info but by MTB do you mean the Grubee or the other ebay one which I think is made by zoom bikes?

2. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

They're all made by the same few factories in china and it's pretty much a crap shoot as to what you'll get as far as what motor from what factory from any vendor I think. I've read here about people ordering more then one motor from the same vendor (at different times) and each one is different (different castings, head bolts, etc.) even though they were supposed to be the same engine.
    As far as I can tell some sellers just put their own sticker on the cases when they get them in. But I'm 100% positive not one single vendor makes them or has much input as to how they're made.

3. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

On a scale of 1 to 10, the standard issue muffler is a 10 (loud), how quiet are the "poo poo" mufflers that go all the way back to the rear axle?

4. Prettyboy

Prettyboy New Member

Yeah I guess that's true but now I'm debating if I should get a engine because I don't want cops busting my balls because it's loud and considered a moped.

5. Charged-Reacter

Charged-Reacter New Member

If your planning to ride that motorerized bicycle on the sidewalk .
    Count on getting your balls busted.