Need help with windowed piston and bdc

GoldenMotor.com

Jaycee236

Jan 11, 2023
So this might sound stupid but i think i went a bit high on my window on my piston and when its bdc it clears my exhaust port fully but then a small portion of the window is visable at bdc. To me that seems like a problem because isnt it suppose to be expelling exhaust at bdc not sucking in air? Thanks guys.

g2 reed valve 66cc chinadoll

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That shouldn’t hurt it, the reeds will prevent back flow to the carb. The reeds will be closed before the piston reaches bdc.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
So this might sound stupid but i think i went a bit high on my window on my piston and when its bdc it clears my exhaust port fully but then a small portion of the window is visable at bdc. To me that seems like a problem because isnt it suppose to be expelling exhaust at bdc not sucking in air? Thanks guys.

g2 reed valve 66cc chinadoll
Post pictures so we can see exactly what you're talking about

Jaycee236

Jan 11, 2023
Dont mind the cylinder its an old one im not using. This is bdc. The window is slightly exposed. Is that okay to run?

Mossy

May 20, 2022
It won't keep it from running with a reed... a reed setup only cares about the transfer and the exaust... You could trench the intake to the transfer and the window works both ways...

Jaycee236

Jan 11, 2023
As long as you're using a reed valve, it will be OK.
Yeah but we all know that the g2 reeds sometimes dont fully sit flat. Ive had brand new ones that end up open just a hair once seated. Doesnt effect idle or throttle but i thought it might now considering the window is high. But i guess if you both think im good then im good lol

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Yeah but we all know that the g2 reeds sometimes dont fully sit flat. Ive had brand new ones that end up open just a hair once seated. Doesnt effect idle or throttle but i thought it might now considering the window is high. But i guess if you both think im good then im good lol
You want to file the surfaces flat on everything... The cage has flash also... It's a miracle any of those engines even run without fussing with them