NE5 Whizzer help!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Only other thing I can think of, is you motor is not quite positioned right Can you make heads or tails out of my motor mount pic?
I measured from front of mount to mounting bolt 7/8" and measured from front of mount to case front edge 1/2"

Attachments

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
When you find the correct mounting position Mark your mounts to frame and mounts to engine with sharpie marker Just make a small mark, So if you ever take the motor out again Everything will line back up just as it was before when ya put the motor back in.

MDoria

Mar 26, 2020
Thanks, its definitely too short. I'll reach out to Paul and see if he has a longer one. I had a good idea of positioning based off of previous marks (since the bike is close to new/un adjusted). Thank you so much for all your input on this, I'm trying to not half ass this due to scarcity of parts/trying to get the longest life & enjoyment out of her as possible. I'm glad being careful hasn't led to any undue harm to it yet.

Reactions: FOG and wrench

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
If Paul don't have the correct spring? Call Quenton he has all the WC-1 and NE-5 Whizzer parts
Mr. Quenton Guenthor 252-475-0406 He will know what you talking about when it comes to a Cruzzer clutch spring and a Whizzer clutch spring. I'm sure he knows the difference. Paul started selling for Cruzzer in 2014 He might not know that Whizzer had a longer spring.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
The difference between the Cruzzer and Whizzer clutch arm spring.
The Cruzzer frame uses an eye bolt for the clutch arm spring to mount to. A shorter or longer spring can be used because the eye bolt can adjust the spring pressure. The Cruzzer also uses a longer clutch arm. Called a straight arm.
The Whizzer frame uses the correct length spring with the correct spring pressure. Easy installation and no adjusting the spring pressure. The Whizzer arm is called a 90* arm

There really ain't enough room to use an eye bolt on a Whizzer frame.
But I guess an eye bolt could be rigged up somehow?

Taiwan says you can use the Cruzzer shorter spring on the Whizzer frame But this requires buying the Cruzzer style clutch arm.
The Cruzzer clutch arm is too long for the Whizzer Frame and will hit the rear fender.
Typical Taiwan always coming up with a fix for something they changed and then the fix don't quite work either.
Pic of a Cruzzer clutch arm
Pic of the Cruzzer clutch arm with an eye bolt on a Whizzer (WRONG)
Pic of the Cruzzer with a Cruzzer clutch arm and eye bolt. See how Taiwan uses a short rear fender so the clutch arm don't hit. Also was cheaper for Taiwan cause they didn't have to notch the rear fender for the belt.

Just thought you might need this info so ya don't buy something ya don't need

Attachments

Reactions: FOG