Did anyone else have the same question?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 14, 2016
Texas
Hey guys I was going to go ahead and do a test start on my engine, but I see these tubes and I'm not sure if they are needed. No tutorial I have found speaks about them. Can you guys tell me what to do with them?

4 stroke engine.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon
Aug 14, 2016
Texas
I
I don't think the towel is going to keep your engine mount stable. I always took it to be a drain.
My Huasheng has one.
Tom from Rubicon
I agree. I ordered a heavy duty mount and they sent this one by accident. It's only for the break in period. This cheap one looks like it will cut through my frame with enough vibration. I have some perma-lock juuuuuuuuust to be safe.

To everyone else! thanks for the info

FOG

Mar 3, 2019
Can I ask why? For learning purposes .
Of course you can.

Under the brass plug is mixture screw you can use to fine tune your low speed circuit. Also called a pilot circuit in some circles.

Too rich will result in what I call blubbering. Also known as four stroking. You'll know. Runs like crap at idle is another description.

Symptoms of too lean are surging during deceleration. When you come to stop if the idle stays high for awhile and then settles down it's too lean.

Tweak it a quarter turn and take a ride. You'll find the sweet spot.

Aug 14, 2016
Texas
Of course you can.

Under the brass plug is mixture screw you can use to fine tune your low speed circuit. Also called a pilot circuit in some circles.

Too rich will result in what I call blubbering. Also known as four stroking. You'll know. Runs like crap at idle is another description.

Symptoms of too lean are surging during deceleration. When you come to stop if the idle stays high for awhile and then settles down it's too lean.

Tweak it a quarter turn and take a ride. You'll find the sweet spot.

Is this something I want to do later later?
After my break in?
Or during my break in?

I

FOG

Mar 3, 2019
Is this something I want to do later later?
After my break in?
Or during my break in?

I
Bad on me Turtle. I thought we were talking 2 strokes when I gave you that advice. 4 strokes aren't near as sensitive to mixture issues and you're probably fine right where the factory set it.

It's still OK to mess with it whenever ya want tho. Just remember where you started.