Mystery Parts

GoldenMotor.com

admudd

Jan 4, 2017
Austin, TX
I am almost finished with my first build, and I have a few parts left over. I didn't see anything about them in the included instructions, or anywhere in any of the installation videos that I watched. Does anyone know what these kit parts are and what they are for? Thanks!

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
First picture is the engine sprocket and clutch gear removal tool.
The other picture looks like a coaster brake arm clamp, better make sure that one is on. Only guesing on the rubber seal but could be carb to intake to manifold O seal.
Hope this helps
Zip

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
yep, I bet Kartooo is right on the petcock part, as I am used to the red colored hard felt seals and they changed them to rubber in many kits..
zip

admudd

Jan 4, 2017
Austin, TX
Thanks, guys. After looking at your replies and doing more research, the mystery of the clutch gear removal tool and the petcock seal are solved (fortunately I hadn't installed the petcock yet). Still not sure about that bracket in the second photo. It does look like a coaster brake arm. My bike has coaster brakes but I was able to bend the arm that came with it and get it working. I also installed front and rear caliper brakes. Maybe they included an extra more flimsy one in the kit because it is such a common issue?

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Front and Rear brakes are the way to go. I just avoid ever using the coaster brake.
I believe Chaz nailed it on that little flimsy clamp is for the chain guard, but yes could be used as a coaster arm clamp/