My second attemet at cross country traval 2020

GoldenMotor.com

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
We planed to leave on leap day and come back on april 1st. We where calling it a Bug out Bicycle trip. From Florida to Californa unsuported with one wheel trialers. We had 30 days and over 2000 miles.We planned to take the Old Spanish Trail {HWY 90} to Vanhorn,Tx. and inerstate 8 to
El Centro,Ca..
We thought we whould get 100 to 200 miles a day and have time to make the trip back,making it
over 4000 miles long. But I had not learnd enuogh from the first time I tried.

Attachments

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
Leap day arives

So the plan was to leave from the shop around 9am, and head past my house
15 miles down the road on a small shake down ride.Three friends,three bikes with
trailers, which turned into the frist nightmare day.
Frist off when I left the shop going the frist 4 miles the front tire developed a giant
buldge and was intolerable, bouncing up and down like a basket ball so I had to go
back to the shop, where I traded out bikes for the Giant Yukon.Things where already
going south, but I wasn't going to let that stop me.

Attachments

Reactions: Nightster

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
So where off agian this time three bikes and two trailers. On the second
try I make it about 7 miles and the front tire on the Yukon explodes, shredding
it. There I was stuck in front of Eglin, AFB flight line a no lingering zone since
9/11 and was asked politly to move along. Well I pushed it to the entrance, and
leaned it againt the fence.
At that point I was forced to call the Warden. She tried to run to the local wal-mart,
but it seemed they where out of 26" tires. At this point I should notticed something
was up, but NO the trip most go on. So she ran me buy the shop, and I got what I
neeeded. Made it back to the bike fixed it up, and made it to my house at 5pm. {15 miles}
We stayed at the house that night, and drove back and forth from the shop until
All was good again. So much for a Leap Day head start.

Attachments

Reactions: Nightster