My ram air

GoldenMotor.com

unraw

Oct 30, 2008
Grunthal, Manitoba, Canada
Well i got it done. It amplifies the intake like crazy!! The intake it 2x louder than my exhaust! Performance wise It does pull a little better against wind. I think I need to put some kind of scoop on the end to catch more air. I had a sock over it for a air filter, but it was so restrictive that the engine built up a vacuum and eventually stalled. Does anybody have suggestions for a high flow/cheap/still filters the air good? My top end has also improved. I cant say how much because my speedo broke. ): well, here are the pics.

It doesn't really get in the way of peddling. My leg sometimes brushes against it but its no big deal.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Now if like an aircraft, you could adjust your mixture while the bike was at speed, you'd really see an added boost.

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
Now if like an aircraft, you could adjust your mixture while the bike was at speed, you'd really see an added boost.
what about a primer bulb in line to the tank to help add fuel pressure. or since he has already got a nipple in the intake i wonder if a lawn mower fuel pump that runs off of vacum pulses would add enough preasure to boost fuel pressure or if the needle on the float bowl would remain seated. just some ideas

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
what size pvc did you use? And was there any special way you attached it to the carb? (just kinda hard to tell by pics alone)
cheers!